THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Archon build help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trogit
Slave

Archon build help Empty
PostSubject: Archon build help   Archon build help I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 00:25

I was wondering if you all could help me with my archon builds. I will be putting him with a squad of incubi and a hamy with a agoniser. He will have a pgl because it is already glued on, but both his arms came off so now I have the chance to change his load out. previously He had a venom blade and huskblade with a soul trap. what would you recommend for him to have. Also, I will custom build an archon for the crusade me and my friends will be doing and all the battles will be apocalypse so I was wondering what He should have if he is in a court.(fluff crusade, but I don't want him to suck to bad) Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Archon build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon build help   Archon build help I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 15:33

depends on what you want him to do.

If you want him to be a challenger, then a huskblade/soultrap is a great combo

If you want him to be a beatstick, agoniser/power axe is your best bet

If you want him for cheap, venomblade

If your running him with incubi, they have the AP2 covered. So its really up to you. Fit him to his roll, and make sure he keeps it that way.

P.S. I would probably run the haemie w/ a power axe. Its cheaper than an Agoniser, and probably better on him

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

Archon build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon build help   Archon build help I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 18:55

This is the Archon I'll be taking to Caledonian Uprising, a competitive event in January used as a qualifier for the scottish ETC team.

Archon with shadow field, combat drugs, ghostplate armour, soul trap, power spear, venom blade, shadowfield 140

Considering I've only ever used either a succubus or haemo as HQ's in tournies and I have no time to playtest this due to real-life commitments gettiing in the way it remains to be seen if it's going to do anything. Plan is to use the power spear on the charge, as its +1 strength ap3 and I may get something useful on combat drugs, but he's in the same squad as a Farseer so hopefully the unit will be doomed and I can re-roll wounds anyways. If the combat becomes protracted he swithces to the venom blade as the spear turns useless after the charge (strength as user, ap4.) Challenge any IC's or MC's, then if succesful soul trap. On the next charge archon is S7 (or 8 dependent if he has furious charge or not) ap3. just for a bit of experimentation Smile

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
THeWigglyNoodle
Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

Archon build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon build help   Archon build help I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 09:53

If you run him him with incubi dont forget to give him some assaualt grenades
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Archon build help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archon build help   Archon build help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archon build help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics