THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePretender
Slave

Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? Empty
PostSubject: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 02:59

I was wondering if this could work.

If I get Duke as an HQ all my Ravagers, Raiders and Venom's gain Deep Strike because he is awesome.
Now all open topped transports are considered assault vehicles (page 82)
Passengers can disembark from transports that Deep Strike and it says they can't assault but assault vehicle says they can, which is it?

wishful thinking?

Moved. This belongs in the Rules: Queries & Questions section. - Mush
Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 03:52

Deep Striking vehicles count as moving Cruising Speed so unless they have specific rules like a Drop Pod, Raiders/Venoms occupants can't even get out of their transports the turn they DS in.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 04:01

The duke does specifically allow you to disembark but as the unit counts as deep striking these rules disallow you to assault. Drop pods are open topped and they don't allow marines to assault on landing either

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 05:06

Massaen wrote:
The duke does specifically allow you to disembark

Where does it say this?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 05:16

Smurfy wrote:
Deep Striking vehicles count as moving Cruising Speed so unless they have specific rules like a Drop Pod, Raiders/Venoms occupants can't even get out of their transports the turn they DS in.

Neither Drop Pods nor Raiders/Venoms have a special rule that allows units to disembark from them, after they moved at cruising speed, even if Drop Pods have a rule that force it's occupants to disembark.
But the Deep Strike rules specifically allow units to disembark from Transports.

BRB p.36 wrote:
...deep striking units may [...] disembark from a deep striking Transport vehicle, if they are in one.

Massaen wrote:
The duke does specifically allow you to disembark but as the unit counts as deep striking these rules disallow you to assault. Drop pods are open topped and they don't allow marines to assault on landing either

The Duke does not allow anyone to disembark after deep striking but Retrofire Jets, our other way to get deep striking Transports, forbid it.

Specific rules always override general ones, so:
Generally units disembarking from a Transport can't assault.
Assault vehicle overrides that for units disembarking from said vehicle.
Deep strike overrides that for the turn units arrive in.

BRB p.36 wrote:
In that turn's assault phase, however, these units cannot charge. This also applies to units that have disembarked from Transports that arrived by Deep Strike that turn.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 07:30

No you can't assault after deep-striking. Assault vehicles say you can assault after disembarking, they don't say anything about letting you assault after deep striking do they?

Think of it this way, you have two rules preventing you from assaulting: deepstrike and disembark from a transport.

1. You can't assault after disembarking from a transport.
2. You can't assault after deepstriking.

Think of these as two flags/values that need to be set to TRUE before you can assault. Assault vehicles let you assault after disembarking. So 1 is set to true.

1. TRUE
2. FALSE

You still can't assault as the second flag is still false, as you have no special rule that says you can assault after deepstriking.

Smurfy wrote:
Massaen wrote:
The duke does specifically allow you to disembark

Where does it say this?

"In the movement phase during which they arrive, deepstriking units may not move any further, other than to disembark from a deep stricking transport vehicle if they are in one." - BRB page 36

Unlike retrojets the duke does not preclude you from disembarking after deep-strike, and the BRB says you can disembark after deep-strike, therefore deep-striking with the duke allows you to disembark.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?   Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Strike Assaulting Is this Allowed?
Page 1 of 1