THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warlord Traits

Go down 
+11
Zaakath
Dark_Kindred
Massaen
Thor665
Sky Serpent
Kinnay
Seshiru
THeWigglyNoodle
1++
Hess
Crazy_Ivan
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 12:26

Just wondering how you guys roll for your warlord traits, my friends and I got fed up of getting useless traits. Instead of choosing a table then rolling, we now roll first then chose one of the three options it gives you a lot more choice and we find it works better all round.

has anyone else done anything like this? If not you should give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Hess
Hellion
Hess

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 12:59

I personally consider warlord traits as a random factor for the fun part of it. As far as I can remember there are only about.. 3 in total that can possibly break the game. I'm thinking of the additional +1 cover in ruins and some of the Command traits.

1++
Hekatrix

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 08:10

We usually roll once on one table, then another roll on a second, different table, picking one of the results

Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 09:56

I ussauly choose stratgic and hope for the best
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 15:50

I choose command, and cross my fingers Smile

Wych
Kinnay

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 17:15

Strategic for normal games, but personal for campaign games and everytime I use Ze Dook.

Seshiru
Sybarite

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 17:17

why strategic? what is your normal HQ?

Wych
Kinnay

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 13:41

Why strategic? Well, because I think the army wide effects are all useful most of the time and don't require your warlord to be anywhere. I usually play with a Haemonculus as my warlord, but have been using Archons and Ze Dook quite a lot recently in our campaign. Personal all the way, then. Smile

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 16:40

This isn't a rules question so shipping this off to DE General.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31 2012, 18:56

I'm with Kinnay, I'm a big fan of Strategic and think it overall provides the best benefits to the DE.

That said, there are a lot of differences about which table you should roll on depending what you're fielding. When I field Ghaz and my Orks I tend to go Personal, for instance.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 00:55

I agree, strategic is the most flexible for us

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 04:55

Strategic--the only worthless trait is Master of Ambush.

Hellion

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 06:10

Been using the roll first, pick the desired number so that the number of useless traits decreases dramatically.
Back to top Go down
Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 20:37

i've been going with Strategic as well, as getting another opportunity for the first turn for night fighting is too go to pass up!
Back to top Go down
leinmann
Hellion
leinmann

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03 2013, 19:42

i use strategic most of the time but i have also used command if i know i'm going to be fighting in dense terrain.
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03 2013, 23:19

My gaming group decided to make a house rule that you roll a d6 and choose from the 3 categories. So if I roll a 4, I pick what column I want to take the 4 from; Strategic, Personal or Command. (Apologies for not having my rulebook on me to list the actual abilities)

It's just so random, especially when I roll the outflanking bonus or something. This way we can at least pick something that might be a little useful.

But personally I like the strategic, for night fighting, +1 reserve, or -1 enemy reserve.
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2013, 06:16

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Just wondering how you guys roll for your warlord traits, my friends and I got fed up of getting useless traits. Instead of choosing a table then rolling, we now roll first then chose one of the three options it gives you a lot more choice and we find it works better all round.

has anyone else done anything like this? If not you should give it a try.

I will try it, its a good idea and it sounds like something a opponent would accept.

I ALWAYS use strategic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warlord Traits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warlord Traits   Warlord Traits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warlord Traits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion