THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Blogs

Go down 
+4
Delvian
Mushkilla
Sky Serpent
foeofnight
8 posters
AuthorMessage
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 21:30

Hello Dark City,

I am in the process of starting a blog focused on my dark eldar. I am just looking to have some motivation to keep painting and somewhere to post my thoughts about the hobby and army in general. Also I see so many blogs that talk about Dark Eldar seem to be a dying breed. With myself being centered in the Great North West of the US I feel I have a different meta to talk about and share with everyone.

Anyways to the question,

When looking around for blogs what kind of topics do you look for? What kind of things would keep you interested?

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 21:47

I've thought about doing my own but don't think I'd have the time and I think the forum is enough for me.

I think I'd look for some kind of interaction, one of the most successful blogs I've followed was the Maneater one on Warseer, I think it worked so well as every time all the followers were guessing what he was going to do next.

Tutorials always interest me.

Something original.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 22:06

When you say interaction you are refering to involving your readers?
Such as having them send in lists for critique or posing an arena match (Take two units and see who statistically would come out on top)?

What kind of things did the other blog do?

Tutorials are always great as well and I agree that they are important.

Thanks for your thoughts
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 22:20

Try and offer things that are not offered on your standard forum. Statistical analysis are a dime a dozen on forums, same goes for list critiques. Try and come up with something original and creative that involves the reader.
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 22:48

Thanks for the thoughts Mush,

You are right track there. There are plenty of analysis and list suggesstions here on the forums. I will need to keep these to a minimum to keep the readers interested.

The trick is coming up with new content for sure. Curse you Dark City for being so awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29 2012, 21:22

Check out the Skared Cast (skared.podbean.com). He has an ace blog, so you could get some ideas from there.

I'd say think about your readers. They are probably going to be pretty into their 40k for them to be interested in following blogs. With this in mind, I'd say its important to have regular content, detailed content & certainly something new.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 15:35

Even though my blog isn't exclusively DE, it's very DE focused. http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/

The articles that seem to get the most attention from the blogging community are the educational/tutorial articles and the articles involving a really outside the box conversion or unique take on an existing model. Those types of articles are also what captures my interest when I read friends blogs.

But this is only the hobby side of the game I'm talking about obviously.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Hess
Hellion
Hess

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 16:05

Great blog Eye of Error, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mein.dk
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 10:57

Not a fan of blogs tbh.

I did read Hulksmash and Dashofpepper's blog a while back, but stopped doinig that aswell... But that was more for the battlereports, as I do enjoy reading good written battlereports, and both of them are quite good at that.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 11:09

Shame there's not been any update on that for about 3 months.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 11:19

I used to read HERO's blog, but again it hasn't had any DE content in a while. And that was before I found this fine site!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 11:25

Same here. I trawl through various blogs most days but it's annoying when there's no new content. Hero was AFK for several weeks, Hulksmash for 2-3 months now and even Mr Ego himself over at YTTH is pretty quiet these days.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 12:12

Don't forget 3++ still in the middle of completing their site transfer so half the links don't work (it's been like 3 months).

I should really get back to my report "blog", it's been a while. Sad
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 13:44

Count Adhemar wrote:
Shame there's not been any update on that for about 3 months.

Very true... But after what I read Dashofpepper quit 40K and started with Warmachine insteed, got tired of the 40K community or something. Not sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Eldar Blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Blogs   Dark Eldar Blogs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Blogs
Page 1 of 1