THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
><enocide
Slave
><enocide

Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts Empty
PostSubject: Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts   Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29 2012, 21:23

Okay, so I built a list using my favorite units and those I deemed most useful. Really want to try it out, I feel it has a lot of potential.

HQ UNIT:
FREEZA, DARK LORD OF THE BLUE VOID

ARCHON - 125
AGONY (AGONISER SWORD)
SPLINTER PISTOL
HAYWIRE GRENADES
GHOSTPLATE ARMOR
SHADOW FIELD

THE DARK HAND OF GIN-YU

INCUBI X 5 - 110

DARK TERROR

RAIDER - 80
DISINTEGRATOR CANNON
TORMENT GL
ENHANCED AETHERSAILS
CHAIN SNARES
GRISLY TROPHIES

ELITE UNITS:

KABALITE TRUEBORN X 3 - 81

3 X BLASTER

VENOM - 65
2ND SPLINTER CANNON

KABALITE TRUEBORN X 3 - 86

2 X DARK LANCE
SPLINTER RIFLE

VENOM - 65
2ND SPLINTER CANNON

TROOP UNITS:

WARRIORS X 10 - 100
9 RIFLES
1 SPLINTER CANNON

RAIDER - 60 PTS
DARK LANCE

WARRIORS X 10 - 100
9 RIFLES
1 SPLINTER CANNON

RAIDER - 60 PTS
DARK LANCE

WARRIORS X 5 - 60
4 RIFLES
1 BLASTER

VENOM - 65
2ND SPLINTER CANNON

WARRIORS X 5 - 60
4 RIFLES
1 BLASTER

VENOM - 65
2ND SPLINTER CANNON

WARRIORS X 5 - 60
4 RIFLES
1 BLASTER

VENOM - 65
2ND SPLINTER CANNON

FAST ATTACK UNITS:

REAVER JET BIKES X 6 - 156
2 HEATLANCES

REAVER JET BIKES X 6 - 156
2 HEATLANCES

HEAVY SUPPORT UNITS:

RAVAGERS X 2 - 230

DARK LANCES ALL
NIGHT SHIELDS

RAZORWING JET FIGHTER - 145

Okay, so obviously this list has plenty of anti-armor capabilities. The best part about all these units is that their upgrades can be changed to outfit them with heavy anti-infantry capabilities. So I'll go unit by unit and explain why I chose them and why, after plenty of battles, I feel they are extremely useful.

The HQ:

I picked out a decent Archon with an agonizer to dish out those power attacks, and gave him a retinue of incubi to prolong his longevity and help dish out those power wounds as well. I gave them a raider that I felt was cheaply upgraded to fit out what they will be doing in the game. The raider will use it's aethersails to get the retinue into combat fast, and dish out a few wounds with its flails. If the raider survives, then awesome cuz it can dish out pain with it's dissie cannon, and provide morale damage to enemies and morale support to my retinue.

Elites:

Other than the Incubi, the trueborn are basically walking ravagers. One is for up close and personal, the other is to snipe down outflanking units. Both units have fire support from the venoms, so hopefully they can crack open a transport, then the venoms do what they do best. Deliver salvos of pain.

Troops:

I just stuck to warriors for 2 reasons. 1 because the models look cool. 2 because the only other troop choice are wyches and i really thought the idea of running gladatorial gothic drugged up women with lingerie from commorraghs victoria secret was reeeeaaaallllly out of place for my idea of a kabal army. The two best types of warriors i feel are the MSU such as the 5 man squads with a blaster on a venom. Simple, they pop the transport open, n the venom delivers the pain. Or.... a 10 man squad with a splinter cannon on a DL Raider. Raider pops the transport, troops deliver the pain. I've got 5 troop choices, i felt that was pretty good.

Fast:

Reavers, reavers, and more reavers. What else can dish out damage to multiple troops just in its movement phase, move up to 36 inches to get behind enemy armor, claim a jink save of 3+ which can also be supported by the 50/50 chance of getting night fighting the first turn and on turn 2 deliver a heat lance up the enemy's arse? I think that gets my point across.

Heavy:

Ok so I was stuck on the choices i should choose between the ravagers, jet fighters, or bombers. In the end I chose the fighter over the bomber cuz it comes with 4 free missiles, and it's basic loadout of 2 darklances isn't too shabby either. Although those void lances doooo look really pretty. Flyers are awesome. Their rules are OP, and there are like 5 things out of all the armies in 40k that pose a threat to flyers. I only chose one cuz their limited freedom of movement can really work against you. Basically they come on, anhillate troops or armor and zoom off. Great scare tactic. To provide a constant anti armor support, I feel ravagers are invaluable.

Please do not use chat or Leet speak. Cheers - Cavash.

Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts   Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 01:52

Looks pretty solid. What I notice is that you have a lot of unnecessary upgrades on your command squad. Your archon doesn't really need Ghostplate Armour, seeing how he usually gets squashed by a power fist once his shadowfield shorts out. Maybe instead take combat drugs to potentially bust his damage output? Or maybe make Agony count as a Huskblade so that he has AP2 and give him a Soultrap to make him a good assassin. Also your Raider does not really need the upgrades except for maybe the dissie. Seeing how it is already able to move 30 inch in one turn, which usually gets to the other side of the board, and raiders usually don't live long enough to get use out of its upgrades.

I also usually run Incubi (because I LOVE Incubi Very Happy ), but what I find is that you usually need about seven or eight in order for them to be effective. Less than that and they'll probably get wiped out, more than that and they usually win combat too fast(leaving you stranded in the open).

><enocide
Slave
><enocide

PostSubject: Re: Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts   Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 04:08

chat? leet speak? what the hell does that mean

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts   Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30 2012, 09:20

I'm not sure about the chat/leet speak you had, but I did edit out the points costs for individual weapons and equipment upgrades. That's an IP infringement issue.

Many users here don't need to see the individual costs anyway to comment on lists, just the total for each squad. Thanks, Gob.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts   Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeza's Planetary Invasion Force 2000 pts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: