THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites

Go down 
+11
Crazy_Irish
Azdrubael
Shadows Revenge
Sathonyx
Scorpion
Seshiru
Mushkilla
Smurfy
Thor665
Murkglow
Plastikente
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05 2013, 22:42

Fantastic article, Plastikente. I really do love your views on the DE and your threads are a pleasure to read about. You certainly are a wonderful member of TDC and all of your work here is appreciated.

After reading your thoughts and points on the Wracks I have decided to test them out as a delivery system for a CC Archon or Succubus. I think that their toughness will help them to be a great delivery system minus the lack of fleet.

Incubi are possibly my favourite infantry hunting unit when facing a MEQ army. They have only once let me down, and that was completely tha fault of their darn commander not deciding to give their Archon a PGL...
If I know that I will have plenty of Marines to chew through I will not leave my Commorrite palace without these fellows at my side!

Grotesques look interesting... in my next fun game I think I'll run them, but after last time I am wary of their IC getting shot in the face.

Mandrakes - No. Not after my experience with them. I loath the models, I hate the rules.

I want to try Harlequins, but they seem a bit fragile and with all of their upgrades that I would want to take Incubi over them.

Trueborn are usually included naturally in my army with the Duke mounted upon a Raider with Splinter Racks or upon a Venom with as many Sharcarbines and Splinter Cannons as possible.

Bloodbrides - I have found uses for them before. It's usually being given Shardnets and Impailers and being sent to tie up a nasty unit until something better can come along to kill them.

This has irked me somewhat. Just because some lists work best doesn't mean that everybody plays the same. So what if trends rise and fall in amy lists? People like to try new things and if they here about an effective new thing then they will try it out. To say that everybody plays the same, though, is jsut wrong.
I, for one, play variants on lists. The first being Kabalite heavy and the second being completely rediculous and full of units that should never be taken seriously.

It would be greatly appreciated if you did not be negative towards this community or its members.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05 2013, 23:25

Something that I haven't seen mentioned and people often forget concerning harlequins is that Shadow Seers and Death Jesters are characters, so get precision shot/strike, can accept challenges/be challenged and a 4+ look out sir (this can be invaluable for keeping our Shadow Seer alive). Might be worth mentioning this in the guide. Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05 2013, 23:31

Mushkilla wrote:
Something that I haven't seen mentioned and people often forget concerning harlequins is that Shadow Seers and Death Jesters are characters, so get precision shot/strike, can accept challenges/be challenged and a 4+ look out sir (this can be invaluable for keeping our Shadow Seer alive). Might be worth mentioning this in the guide. Smile
Ah SNAP Shocked I really should have realized this sooner Razz

Great breakdown Plastikente. I've really enjoyed these reviews. Fast Attack up next? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06 2013, 16:05

I've added a comment to the Harlies bit about characters, and made a mention of large Bloodbride units. Unless anyone has anything else to add, I'll upload the final article to the master thread tomorrow.

Fast Attack is up next, when I get round to writing it...
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 14:45

As this is a DE guide, I wouldnt put too much into it, but with harlies I think you should put a small blurb about harliestar, but do mention they have to be taken as an Allied Force org to work in that capacity. I am a huge perponent for harliestar (atleast in some form or another) its just that you have to point out DE harlies can not do it the same way as CWE
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 23:51

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I think you should put a small blurb about harliestar
Done.

And part 3 is now up in the master thread!

Right, back to my keyboard now to try to hammer out the next installment.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 20:30

Where is this master thread good (evil) sir?
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 21:14

It's the one called "Plastikente's DE Unit Guide - the final cut". It's also cunningly linked within the words "master thread" in my last post, but it's a bit difficult to see Smile
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 21:19

You ought to link it in your sig - it would help make it easier for people to find when they discover one of your posts and want to see the rest.
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2013, 15:57

Done Smile
Back to top Go down
Orthien
Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23 2013, 03:13

I know its late to the party considering this is in the Master thread and all but me and Mush were discussing uses for Mandrakes the other day and I thought I would post our ideas here.
Now it could be a side effect of becoming a Mandrake thanks to these forums and wanting to field my brethren but Mandrakes do have their uses if you are wanting to field them, granted they are still underwhelming compared to other options for most rolls.

Firstly Mushes idea which was to use them as a Scout denial unit. Take minimum squads and infiltrate them in to prevent scouts from to close to areas you wish to keep them away from.

The second use is how I field them (which has won me games) is as a Dakka Bunker. This use however requires a second unit to assist in setup(Haemy and 3 Wracks does this nice and cheep if you don't want to hold up your other units.
You deploy an ADL just back from table center (gun optional) and infiltrate a full squad of Mandrakes behind it. Turn one you move a Haemy or other PT dispenser up 6" in a transport and disembark into the back of the Mandrake unit.
You now have unit with 3+Cover(2+ if you go to ground), 5++, 20 18" Pinning shots and FnP holding table center that can soak a fair bit of firepower and potentially force your opponent to avoid center allowing you to abuse the flanks all while being handy for counter assaults if needed.
You can put an objective on them if you want to boost their chances of soaking fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites   Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 3 - Elites
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2