THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
THeWigglyNoodle
Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 07:06

On saturday i will be playing a friend of mine he has necrons and cs combo here is my list

2 Archons with shadow field and Hw nades venom blade

4 5 man warrior sqauds with blaster in venoms with night shields and extra cannon

2 6 wyches in raiders with sails( each one will get an archon for protection with the shadow field)

3 ravagers DLs night and flicker

1 5 man blasterborn in venom with night shield and extra cannon

1 9 reaver squad with 3 heatlances arena champ with power lance

What im really concerned about is his 4 flyers 2 night scythes and 2 helldsrakes with the flamer
He also has some autocannons in a heavy squad and a demolisher
So what should my plan of attack be?

I was thinking of getting in his deploment zone as soon as possibe to make it hard dor his flyers to get at me then just let my shooting do its thing
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 10:49

Do you have no flyers of your own? Whilst your list is generally good, Helldrakes and Night Scythes are possibly the two nastiest flyers out there right now, and 2 of each are going to be very difficult for you to deal with with no skyfiring units. Coupled with autocannon havocs which are very cheap and cheerful these days and it may be a difficult game for you.

Ravagers are like pissing into the wind when trying to deal with zooming flyers. Normally I wouldn't advocate list tailoring but like you say if your playing to win then I'd try squeeze a couple of Voidravens in there with flickerfields. THough I think the DE flyers are overpriced unfortunately.

If he allows you to, you could use a small allied eldar contingent and use a Nightwing from aeronautica. They are stupidly OP for the same price as a Voidraven/Razorwing, they can pivot at both the beginning and end of their movement and have 2 bright lances and 2 shuricannons (so 2 S8 shots and 6xS6 shots). Oh and did I mention it gets a 2+ jink?

To you list though - not sure if I'm convinced on 2 archons with 6 man wych units as bodyguards. If you want a combat threat against Chaos/Crons then Incubi are where its at (esp with a PGL archon) or if you do take an allied eldar contigent then Harlequins with kisses and a Fortune/Doomseer

Back to top Go down
huymix
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 17:06

Any details on what's on the other army? I understand the need to go into his deployment zone but the big problem is, you're in his deployment zone.

This is especially problematic if he is fielding scarabs as whatever he is charging, will unfortunately, be getting wrecked.

The other issue is that the Heldrake does not need to zoom and so after the first turn they come on, there is no hiding from them or even going to ground (if they have the flamer, which they should)

Back to top Go down
THeWigglyNoodle
Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01 2013, 19:54

Caranthir987 wrote:
Do you have no flyers of your own?

Yes i do have one razorwing

huymix wrote:
Any details on what's on the other army?

Other things i didnt mention are a annihilation barge, squad of cultist with a sorcerer 3 rhinos with squads of 5 with melta gun
Back to top Go down
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 13:56

3 rhinos, annihilation barge and cultists, heavy squad and a demolisher. .. I feel like you could wipe all this out fairly quickly. Focus on everything but the flyers. Turbo the reavers into some cover on his side first turn. Basically just get so many threats so close that there is no good way to stop you from getting at those delicate ground units. I would take out an archon to get some beasts tho. They are a bargain for the target that gets painted on them, and they keep up with ur vehicles.

Also nightwing is 2+ cover when it evades right? Or is it all the time? How does its rule work now?
Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02 2013, 14:25

Because the Nightwing has the Vector Dancer rule, it gets a buff to its jink saves (i don't have the BRB with me) therefore if it chooses to jink it has a 2+

In the uk they have allowed some FW stuff at tournaments, and whilst the Nightwing would seem the golden ticket for eldar/dark eldar to deal with flyer spam, you also increasinly encounter hydra flack turret or hyperios turret spam, which somewhat negates the usefulness of Nightwings

Apologies to the OP for deviating Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo   1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE list against cs marine and necron combo
Page 1 of 1