THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar RP!

Go down 
+4
Todo13
Baron Tordeck
Sky Serpent
dr3dg3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 06:51

This could just be my combined love of the Dark Eldar and conventional role-playing games, but I think this chat room could be really fun if we pulled it off right. Does anybody have any ideas for how we could start or develop a system for this? Maybe there could be different classes and ranks, or it could just be an open RP with minimal rules. Either way, Dark Eldar role playing sounds like it could be pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 20:12

I used to do a lot of text based roleplaying a few years ago. We would work off the WFRP stats and use creative writing, keeping one eye on our stats so things wouldn't be so over the top.

If you find an innovative way to make stats and simple game mechanics then this could be cool. Anything in mind?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 19:07

I'm honestly not familiar with the WFRP stat system, but it sounds like something that would work. One of my fundamental ideas for The Arena would be to start with either making a character from a Kabal or a Wych Cult and having stats and progression based on either faction. After that, maybe we could create a basic setting consisting of some of the different levels of Commorragh and occasionally go to other worlds for raids and other missions. I also believe that however experience works, that ranks should correspond with gaining special weapons and eventually ascending the ranks of Kabalite Warriors and Wyches. This is all I have in mind so far though.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 03:33

Hmmm,

The forum actually has a Character Sheet App, so once ya'll figure out how your gunna go about this shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can set up.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 13:07

Creating a member of a wych cult sounds like fun, would we play this over the forum?
Back to top Go down
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 23:04

I think it'd be best to play over this forum. And could you show me the app, Tordeck? That sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 03:45

Working on it now.

It will be accessible through one's profile.

And hey look,

down at the bottom (when you go to reply) you can roll dice.

EWP - well as soon as I set it up fully that is

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 03:51

Oh I see! That's great that they through in a Character Sheet tab. I think it'd be interesting if we could maybe come up with an RPG that only uses d6s like Warhammer, and maybe have ranks or weapon options instead of leveling up, both of which we can purchase with experience points or whatever we want them to be called. Maybe for the basic attributes we could do kinda like they did in that game Dark Heresy and use some, if not all, of the infantry characteristics from warhammer to RP with if we wanted. I have lots of experience with Dungeons and Dragons but the two options I see us having is either having a Game Master running things such as in traditional table-top or a more open-ended and freelance communication system like MMOs. Anyone have a preference or additional suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 07:16

WFRP 2E, along with the Old World Bestiary has all one needs to make a Dark Elf, and the system is fairly compatible with RT and DH.

Pm me if you'd like to get PDFs of the now out of print 2nd ed stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 10:23

I'm not going to participate in this because I would get sucked in.

That said, why do you need stats? On the text-based role-playing I've done it the past, stats weren't needed. They are a crutch. If it's dramatically correct for you to die, then it's time to die.

My two cents.
Back to top Go down
Kcharranovus Grim
Slave

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2012, 17:42

I myself have slightly adapted the Dark Heresy character creation tables and made a complete Dark Eldar career path for warriors & wyches

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2012, 17:59

Please do not post anything else on this thread, it is over a year old. Thanks, Cavash.

Dark Eldar RP! YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Eldar RP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RP!   Dark Eldar RP! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar RP!
Page 1 of 1