THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 16:00

hey been working on this list for a while, i think it's time i get some outside opinions from this fine city of ours!

Baron

2x Haemys

2x 4 wracks in venoms (NS double cannon)

2x 9 wyches ( haywire)
hekatrix (VB, PGL)
Raider (NS, dissy)

2x 7 Reavers (2x Cluster, 2x heatlance (may change to blasters with extra points))

5 Beastmasters
10 Kymera
5 razorwing flocks

2x Razorwing Jets (Flickers)

Please let me know what you guys think.

My objective is to be agressive, and to force my opponent into making poor decisions or mistakes.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 20:03

ok, lets see where to begin

Baron is decent, he is for your beasts

The haemies are just there for pain tokens??? what about equipment like LGs??? or maybe a power axe (which actually makes them decent in combat)??? But lets see where we can free up some points.

Ah... here we go. Why 4 wracks??? If you are taking them for the venom, why not just take 3 and save 20 points??? well those 20 pts can easily go for 2 power axes or two LGs on your haemies...

The wyches, the bulk of your army. A decent build. Im not a fan of it but Ive seen it work. My question goes to why dissies? Your list lacks AT, and even though its only 2 DL, every one goes towards fixing that. Also I would drop the NS on them, and use those 20 points later. NS only really work when everything has NS, as with premeasuring now people can check to make sure if they can hit it, and then choose a new target.

May I ask why 7 Reavers??? you normally see groups of 3, 6, or 9, as those are the amounts you need for more special weapons. 7 just seems odd, and those 44 points can be used elsewhere. Also I am a fan of either AI reavers, or AT reavers, not mixing the special weapons. The reason being is when you arent shooting at tanks, your wasting those points spent on heat lances, but when you are shooting at tanks, your wasting the points spent on the caltrops. I find that the bladevane itself does decent at AI anyway, so there really isnt a reason to spend more points there than you had too.

Now the 2 razorwings are actually really interesting choice in this list, as you lack long range AI. The problem I see though is that they arent on the board T1, which means there are less things for your opponent to shoot at. While your normally like "thats a good thing right? as my razorwings will be safe" Its actually bad when a bulk of your points are built into wych raiders, as they are really fragile. Now Im not saying razorwings are a bad choice, but I would rather run 2 ravagers instead.

Now if you are dead set on razorwings, remember those 10 points I said hold onto from the nightshields? Our planes are begging for flickerfields. The reason why is when you dodge for a 5+ coversave, you can only snapfire the next round. That means no missles and dark lances only hitting on 6s. Flickerfields make it so you never have to dodge to get a save, which is amazing for 10 pts. I would buy them everytime for our planes.

Edit: The razorwings do have flickerfields... completely missed that Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 16:17

Baron

2x Haemys, Liquifyer (if i remember correctly)

3x 3 wracks in venoms (NS double cannon)

2x 9 wyches ( haywire)
hekatrix (VB, PGL)
Raider (NS)

2x 6 Reavers (2x blasters )

5 Beastmasters
10 Kymera
6 razorwing flocks

2x Razorwing Jets (Flickers)

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 16:23

Not sure where your anti-tank is coming from. The Wyches are good but they actually have to get there to do anything. That essentially leaves the Dark Lances on the Raiders and a couple of Reaver sqauds. Not much at 1850!

psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 14:22

Baron

2x Haemys, Power Axe

2x 5 warriors (blaster) in venoms (NS double cannon)

2x 9 wyches ( haywire)
hekatrix (VB, PGL)
Raider (NS, Dizzy)

2x 6 Reavers (2x blasters )

5 Beastmasters
10 Kymera
6 razorwing flocks

3x Ravager (NS)

1850 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 List   1850 List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 List