THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Revised Royalty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slylith
Slave

1850 Revised Royalty Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Revised Royalty   1850 Revised Royalty I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05 2013, 01:05

I posted this list a while back, and received some excellent constructive criticism. I've been mulling it over, and revised it to this basic list with 40pts to spare (more on that later).

HQ: 255
Duke Sliscus
Baron Sathonyx

Troops: 670
x9 Kabalite Warriors (with the Duke)
- Raider: Splinter Racks
x9 Hellions
x5 Wyches: Haywire Grenades
- Venom: Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack: 530
x4 Beastmasters: x5 Khymera, x6 Razorwing Flocks (with the Baron)
x6 Reavers: Arena Champion, x2 Heat Lances
x6 Reavers: Arena Champion, x2 Heat Lances

Heavy Support: 355
Voidraven Bomber
Ravager
Ravager

The only parts of this list I feel I need to justify are the Hellions and Voidraven. The Hellions are a scoring unit that the enemy should ignore because of their mediocrity. They can serve as either a backfield objective camper or a mobile screen for the Beastmasters. The Voidraven is meant for AA, and can add an extra turn in reserve by dropping a bomb and flying off without being utterly useless (I've heard that AA flyer's rely on entering the board the turn after your opponent's flyers come on).

As for the 40 extra points, I had originally intended for there to be 2 Razorwings and 1 Ravager. I've dropped the Razorwings in favor of a bomber and another Ravager, leaving me with 40 points to play with. This gives me (in my mind) 2 basic options. Option 1 is to give the Arena Champions Venom Blades, add a Helliarch with a Venom Blade, give the Voidraven a Flickerfield, and give the Raider Night Shields. This option allows for greater use of the Duke and his buffs, but leaves the Ravagers more exposed. The 2nd option is to add a Helliarch with a Venom Blade and give the Ravager's and Raider Night Shields. This option works well in conjunction with night fighting, but I'd rather not rely on that. Your comments are, as always, greatly appreciated I.E. dissect away.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Revised Royalty   1850 Revised Royalty I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 22:55

Hey, I got your post in another thread and thought I'd give you some input on your list:

But tactics first: Yep you want your flyer to come in after your opponents flyer because now you shoot him first.

Nooooow, the list: In my opinion you have overspent on characters. Duke and Baron are nice and bring a lot to the table but they eat up a horrible lot of points.
Couple of suggestions: Does the Duke really give you that much? Ok, reroll drugs for 2 reaver squads who should only be in emergency CC duty and 3 squads of 5 wyches... meh. Oh and his poison upgrad, but on just 9 warriors thats a maximum 18 shots a turn getting boosted. The Duke costs as much as another unit (nearly) so ask yourself. Is this worth it? His combat potential is absolutely wasted as he has no CC squad to join and even then, shuffling would take time.

The Baron: Good choice especially when fielding Beastmasters! Those same BMs have a resource conflict with the Hellions though. Both units direly want the baron to be effective and out of the two I'd consider the BMs more valuable as they're simply more durable. Unless you're crazily in love with the hellions I'd get rid of them and the duke and get yourself more/bigger units and upgrades.

Flyers want a FF because then they never have to evade (next turn snap fire only). On other vehicles I like Night Shields but I think they're a bit an all or nothing upgrade, if only a few of your vehicles have them the ones that don't could get picked out easily. That's just my personal opinion though, I wasn't able to do enough testing to see if having a certain ratio of units with and without night shields does anything game breaking.

Hope this helped.

Cheers and have fun gaming. Most effective way to see if a list is good is to play it and look if it suits your playstyle.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Revised Royalty   1850 Revised Royalty I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 01:20

I like your list!

only thing I would really consider is dropping the Duke and hellions. and maybe change the warriors in the boat (explodes results suck butt) that give you lots of extra points to play around with.about 480points
i think.

I would deff take a flickerfield on the VB. as for the rest. I think you need a little more AA and AI, B ut just a little ;-)
you will need a few more troop choices so maybe 2 or 3 warrior squads (with or without blaster) in venoms.
you could also possibly upgrade 1 ravanger to a VB with FF as well and maybe squeez in 2 shatter missles on 1 or both planes then. maybe even consider dropping one suicide wych squad for another troop choice that is slightly more likely to be around for objective scoring later on. like more warrios?

just some simple ideas for you.

good luck to you good sir!

Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Revised Royalty   1850 Revised Royalty I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 12:50

Dogmar has some good advice. I would really take them in to consideration!

My biggest fear with this list is turn 1 disaster, you need a good plan for how to move and deploy. And this list really needs good tarrain becasue there is not much AT in turn one, and if your oponent gets to start and gets 2 turns to shoot at you before you actually start dealing AT with Wyches and Jetbikes that can ruin the game for you.

Slylith
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Revised Royalty   1850 Revised Royalty I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 02:25

Okay, so I've been convinced to drop the Duke and the Hellions. That gives me enough points to add another Wych Venom, and Kabalite Raider. I've done a lot of research on Wracks, Wyches and Hellions as troops, but I do not know how to outfit a Kabalite Raider for 6th. Given 360ish points how would you outfit 2 Kabalite Raiders in this list?

Or should I put Blaster squads in the Venoms and Wych Squads in the Raiders instead? I have some thinking to do and numbers to crunch...

I really appreciate the feedback btw, thanks : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Revised Royalty   1850 Revised Royalty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Revised Royalty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-