THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warm skintone for Lelith

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

Warm skintone for Lelith Empty
PostSubject: Warm skintone for Lelith   Warm skintone for Lelith I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06 2013, 20:09

I'm wanting to paint Lelith with a warmer skintone than the normal pallid Dark Eldar look. Can anyone suggest anything?

I'm not an expert painter, so the cycle of 3 paint would be perfect! (Base, shade, base, highlight).

I usually use Vallejo Game Colour, and have my eye on the bronzed flesh from that range, but not sure on what shade or highlight. But if anyone wants to suggest paint from the GW range, that's great too Smile
Back to top Go down
Seelenberührer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Warm skintone for Lelith   Warm skintone for Lelith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 06:12

I'm not a fan of the Vallejo bronzed flesh, because it's somehow extremely 'yellow'. It looks weird and unnatural. GW's Dwarf flesh (or whatever it's called now) is better. Vallejo's Heavy Skintone is pretty nice, though, and could be a good base.

It really depends on how warm you want your skintone to be. Do you want it to basically look human? Or like ruddy, fresh-cheeked dwarfs? It might help if you could post some kind of picture of a skintone you really like.
Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: Warm skintone for Lelith   Warm skintone for Lelith I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07 2013, 08:15

I really like the skin tone on Lady justice from Wyrd miniatures. It's warmer, but not tanned. I don't want it too orange see Smile

Warm skintone for Lelith Image_zps62681786

Just like that Smile
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Warm skintone for Lelith   Warm skintone for Lelith I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 15:47

I liked using VGC Heavy skin tone, then adding VMC light flesh to it gradually to get a warm skin tone. I would shade with GW beasial Brown or now a mix of VGC Heavy skin tone and GW mournfang brown.

Chek out my PLOG to see if what I have is what you are looking for

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t552p60-the-black-halo

go to page 4 to see the wyches.

Warm skintone for Lelith Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: Warm skintone for Lelith   Warm skintone for Lelith I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 20:22

Great, I really like them. Thanks a bunch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm skintone for Lelith   Warm skintone for Lelith I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm skintone for Lelith
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: