THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashdil
Slave

Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? Empty
PostSubject: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 19:29

Hullo!

As when I looked through the pdf errata I could not see anything about this. So what do you count the agoniser as? I would say a sword would be the best choice, but none of the ones in the main book really fits a whip weapon.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 19:55

the agoniser is a power weapon with special rules attached to it (always wounding on a 4+) therefore it is an unusual power weapon, and therefore AP3.

You only choose your power weapon type if the entry says "Power Weapon"

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Ashdil
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08 2013, 20:03

Ah okey, that explains it. I am quite new to 40k, or really really old, depending on how you look at it. Had for game for over 12 years two weeks ago =)
Back to top Go down
Sathonyx
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 21:26

When I learned it was only AP3, I was very disappointed, despite the fact it wounds on 4+. This has pushed the huskblade in to more use (when you can take it), because of its AP2. The kick there, is because our characters are only S3, you usually need 5+ to wound for the AP2 to be effective.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 23:17

It's only an issue though if you want to put your characters up against 2+ save models. Which you generally should not be doing. Shoot them.

Murkglow
Kabalite Warrior
Murkglow

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 00:09

Why wouldn't you want to put them up against 2+ save models? It's part of what makes Incubi/Archons worth their cost. The part you want to watch out for is the invulnerable save. 3++ save? Yeah shoot them. 5++ save? Slice and dice (especially if you've got combat drugs which you should if you have a huskblade).
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 07:20

Murkglow wrote:
Why wouldn't you want to put them up against 2+ save models? It's part of what makes Incubi/Archons worth their cost. The part you want to watch out for is the invulnerable save. 3++ save? Yeah shoot them. 5++ save? Slice and dice (especially if you've got combat drugs which you should if you have a huskblade).

he means if the archon has an agoniser... you don't want to put him up against 2+ saves

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?   Agoniser, what kind of power weapon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agoniser, what kind of power weapon?
Page 1 of 1