THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Warp Hunter or Fire Prism

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

Warp Hunter or Fire Prism Empty
PostSubject: Warp Hunter or Fire Prism   Warp Hunter or Fire Prism I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 06:23

Fellow Archons:

I recently found this semi-conversion guide for an Eldar Warp Hunter.

Now that I do not have to shell out some serious $$$ for a Forge World model or even supplies, I am not sure what to do. On the one hand, I could get the ready made Fire Prism and would not have to purchase any IA book. On the other, I can spend as much making a Warp Hunter (from what I understand, it's significantly better in many respects) and also enjoy an IA book....and run the risk of buying Forge World models....

What say you: Fire Prism or Warp Hunter?

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Warp Hunter or Fire Prism   Warp Hunter or Fire Prism I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 07:32

Dark_Kindred wrote:
Fellow Archons:
I can spend as much making a Warp Hunter (from what I understand, it's significantly better in many respects) and also enjoy an IA book....and run the risk of buying Forge World models....

What say you: Fire Prism or Warp Hunter?

I'm voting Warp Hunter. I have two of them, and every Corsair list/CWE list that I play starts with at least one of them. While it is least effective firing as a barrage weapon because of the full scatter, it does allow you to stay out of site to save them for what they do best: clear infantry off of objectives late in games. The aether rift attack allows you to place a template within 6" of the weapon using the normal D-cannon rules for wounding/armor damage rolls. It is most effective against infantry because of the 2+ to wound and AP2. Against vehicles it is less than a sure thing; sure you score a penetrating hit 1/3 of the time, but you run a 66.66% chance of only causing a hull point or less. While the Fire Prism is much better at sniping enemy armor at distance, the Warp Hunter is a brutal beast at close range that your opponents will be distracted by.

The Warp Hunter model from FW is only about $18-20 once you factor in sales tax for those of us in the US. I have never experienced any risk with buying FW products. They have some of the best no-nonsense customer service departments and fantastic casting quality. (GW could take notes...)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Warp Hunter or Fire Prism   Warp Hunter or Fire Prism I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 09:15

I vote Warp Hunter also, for the same reasons as ESE outlines. It is very effective at what it does, and it also adds something different to a game. The indirect fire capability can really help their longevity, and the haywire effect can be interesting if you roll a 5+ and manage to touch more that one vehicle with your blast.

My son has two and has enjoyed success with them. I actually kitbashed his, you can see them at the link below. Not as elegant as the real deal, but it was a very simple conversion using a couple of ball-point pens. You can buy just the hull and engine parts that you need from somewhere online like Hoard O' Bits, so you really can make them for quite cheap.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2101-gobsmakked-s-fatal-flaws-sept-16-scratchbuilt-ork-big-gun-kannons#28657

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Warp Hunter or Fire Prism   Warp Hunter or Fire Prism I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 18:52

Well, looks like I am buying a Fire Prism and making a Warp Hunter. Being able to magnetize the model just seems too enticing. If I run into problems, can I feel free to ask for help either through PM or on the modeling channel? Thanks!

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Warp Hunter or Fire Prism   Warp Hunter or Fire Prism I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 18:58

Dark_Kindred wrote:
Well, looks like I am buying a Fire Prism and making a Warp Hunter. Being able to magnetize the model just seems too enticing. If I run into problems, can I feel free to ask for help either through PM or on the modeling channel? Thanks!

Either option would work fine. We're pretty friendly down here in the Lower Workshops Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp Hunter or Fire Prism   Warp Hunter or Fire Prism I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warp Hunter or Fire Prism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-
Jump to: