THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Your local meta

Go down 
+9
Kinnay
Mathial
Shadows Revenge
Bookkeeper
Dark_Kindred
Thor665
Delvian
Count Adhemar
huymix
13 posters
AuthorMessage
huymix
Hellion

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 15:28

Hello all,

I've always thought that one of the major considerations in army building extends beyond the codex and rulebook and that is specifically local meta. Meaning, the types of armies that you are most likely to face. I bring this up only because I played yesterday and wondered if my local meta varies much from the community.

Within my circle of friends that I would play regularly, I face:

- Chaos/IG or Chaos/Necron (with double Heldrake in both)
- Tyranids (Monsters = double winged hive tyrant, multiple tervigons)
- Chaos Daemons (Fateweaver)
- Grey Knights with Space Wolves
- Necron Flyerspam
- Ork Horde
- Tau deathstar (8 Broadsides)
- Guard parking lot

Adding my MSU Dark Eldar Venom spam list, I think my friends manage a pretty broad army types.
So in this environment is what I have to consider when I build my army, how does your local meta look like?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 15:51

I tend to play with the same group of people 99% of the time, outside of very occasional trip to tournaments. They have:

Black Templars
Ultramarines
Grey Knights
Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Tyranids
Orks

I play Blood Angels as well as Dark Eldar, so that brings our total army count to 9 although I know one guy is slowly building a Necron Army and I'm adding in some Eldar and Space Wolf allies.

Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 16:55

Does anyone else find it frustrating how much Space Marines are used?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 17:22

I find it normal.

Consider what armies exist:

Vanilla Space Marines
Space Wolves
Blood Angels
Black Templar
Dark Angels
Grey Knights
Chaos Space Marines
Daemons
Imperial Guard
Witch Hunters
Orks
Necrons
Tyranids
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Tau

So, 16 codices.
6 (7 if you count Chaos) are MEQ.
Then, if you consider which books are really old and unpopular (like, say, Tau) or considered really unplayable (Witch Hunters and Nids) and toss in a couple of the other less commonly played armies due to them being seen as 'hard' (Eldar and Dark Eldar) and suddenly it's normal numbers as far as which armies you're most likely to see - and clearly those numbers favor the Marines.

Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 17:26

I find it normal too. Less time to build and paint, very forgiving on the table, highly versatile & whatnot.

I was wondering if anyone finds it frustrating though? The 41st Millenium is huge, populated my a lot more than just super-men in big armour! I like to see lots of variety I guess, from a fluff & aesthetic point of view.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 18:39

(2) Blood Angels
Chaos Daemons
(2) Chaos Space Marines
(3) Dark Eldar
Eldar
(3) Imperial Guard
Grey Knights
Necrons
(2) Space Wolves
(3) Tau
Tyranids
(3) Ultramarines

I have never seen the other Dark Eldar or Eldar armies played. Tau are often allied with Guard or Grey Knights. One of the Ultramarine guys is super classy and brings out his 10th Company (all scouts) for more fun games.

Last edited by Dark_Kindred on Thu Jan 10 2013, 18:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot daemons)
Back to top Go down
Bookkeeper
Hellion
Bookkeeper

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 19:27

My friends and I play at my house, so we avoid the larger local meta (which is driven largely by the NOVA Open). Even then, however, we're still power armor heavy:

- Space Marines
- 2 Chaos SM
- Tau
- Tyranids
- Necrons

And lil' ol me. I've only added the Dark Eldar to the mix since the new year began, my other two armies being Tyranids and Orks. It still come out, however, that us non-marine players will be playing against Power Armor as often as not.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 19:43

My meta consists of every book out there (yes... we even have 3 Sisters players!!!!) I will also say I am not the only DE player in my meta either, with 2 others playing the army as well. Infact the least codex played is probably black templars (2 players) and Eldar (2 players). So I play against pretty much everything...

And yes, this even translates to fantasy (except WE, which I am the only player... although another guy is about to get into the bottom of the barrel Wink )

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mathial
Slave
Mathial

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 19:47

I had something similar to bookkeeper where it was just group of friends playing at my house.

-1 Grey Knights
-2 Imp Guard
-1 Chaos
-1 Nids
-1 White Scars SMurf variant

Though I just recently moved and have a GW store that I can actually participate in now but I haven't seen the entire meta of people here yet.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 20:23

My meta consists of five other people, as I don't have a painted army and thus can't play in LGS. They have CSM, DA, Necrons, Orks and Eldar.

Vassal game, anyone? Very Happy

Druchii
Hellion

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 04:27

My local meta has shrunk more and more during the years, but my online meta has grown insanely thanks to Vasall. When it comes to the local meta I can't say we were that many to start with but now days it's just me and my mate who meets up one, maybe two times a month for a beer and pretzels game =P
One of our common friend moved to the other side of the country and took his army with him. He has taken the plunge into the tournament world, so I can have my share of a more competitive version of 40k if we want to either when we meet or through Vasall. =)

Local meta:
-- Chaos Space marines in all flavors. But the flavor of the month is Death guard.
- Orks, blood axe.

Friendly meta:
-- Chaos daemons, Screamer/flamer/weaver.
- SoB.
- Space marines, All flavors but mostly Salamanders or Black templars.

-- = main army.
- = alt. army.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2013, 06:12

Well, most of my games I play is at a friends house. And there the armys that are played are:
- Tyranids (He have 6000pts, can play whatever)
- CSM (He have 10 000pts, can play whatever list)
- Demons (have about 4000pts, Screamers, flamers etc)
- Necrons (Not flayer spam)
- Eldar (have everything, dont know how many points but reckon 6-7000)
- Blood Angel (Can field every BA list there is, have about 10 000pts)
- GK (have about 2000pts, but its the ususal GK list)
- Imperial Guard (usual parkinglot)
- Orks (mostly foot, but slowly building his army)

And we have a Dark Angel "House army".

So I face most of the lists regularly. And no I have no problem playing MEQ teams, they are dominating the game.

But then we have the area around with the local gaming club, then we have all the lists you can think off.
So I have to have all commers list when building. Have to face every list, every army. And since I have won the last turnements around here they list tailor when they play me to try and beat me. Which is fine by me, just a challange Smile

Agahnim
Hellion
Agahnim

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 23:43

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5290-the-gauntlet#58380

This is what my DE and other armies have to fight.
Back to top Go down
AtelierPhaaze
Slave
AtelierPhaaze

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 21:59

Among my friends I regularily face off with

Orks
IG
Necrons
Chaos
Tau
Dark Angels

I also have my Tyranid and a friend of mine is going to be getting into the SoB

None of us could field above 1300 points as of right now though and most of our games are around 500-600 points

I've also come across Blood Angels and Space Wolves on a regular basis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your local meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your local meta   Your local meta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your local meta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics