THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of the Blade Denied

Go down 
+2
Torpedo Vegas
dr3dg3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

Cult of the Blade Denied Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 06:54

Even though I've made up a name for my own Wych Cult, I've recently been painting for the Blade Denied paint scheme and was wondering how much we know about these Wyches from White Dwarf and other sources. Are their Succubi and special characters known? I was thinking of applying the fluff I made up to this particular Cult if details such as these are still open.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 17:10

If memory serves, The Blade Denied prefer to fight without weapons, that is, they *start* the fight disarmed and then disarm their opponents, and use the now disarmed person's weapon to kill them.

So maybe some wyches holding a marine Chainsword or a Banshee's power weapon or the like would work. I don't have whatever white dwarf I go this information from on my person at the time, but I'll get the source when I can.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 19:25

Torpedo Vegas, is correct, the Blade Denied like to fight unarmed (Sometimes even tied up!) but i'd think mainly in the arena's and not on a real space raid. The main philosophy of their fighting style can be summed up thus "use the enemys strength against them".

As far as i know, there is no succubi or special characters listed for this cult, so you should be perfectly fine to go ahead and include your own fluff without conflict with GW fluff.

There is an article about them in WD375 March 2011 UK pg 43. I'd happily type it all up for you, but am unsure if i'd be breaching any laws/copyrights etc.

P.S. Good conversion ideas Vegas
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 10:51

If you want to use an established name, there's no problem with that. Keep in mind though, if GW or the Black Library publishes something that contradicts your background, you'll be caught in a conundrum. It is there are many players that adapt official Chapters, Kabals, Septs, what have you, because GW will most likely never write anything about them. If they do, you're faced with a decision. Do you retcon your fluff or change names? In the end, it's all up to you.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 20:34

Finally found it, from White Dwarf US 374:

"The Blade Denied is an elder Wych House that specializes in the art of using their foe's weapons against themselves. The irony of seeing a warrior impaled on his own blades is always a favorite of this cult, for it shows that even a weapon cannot be trusted. A perennial favorite in the Blade Denied's Helix arena is the sight of an unarmed Wych, seemingly at the mercy of a heavily armed opponent, and sometimes even tightly bound beforehand, slips the noose and gradually turn the tables from victim to persecutor by systemically disarming and then stealing the weapons of her opponent before the show ( and invariably messy) finale."

There's some more stuff about how they prefer to use haywire 'nades to take out vehicular, but I don't want to copy down another paragraph.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 21:41

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
If memory serves, The Blade Denied prefer to fight without weapons, that is, they *start* the fight disarmed and then disarm their opponents, and use the now disarmed person's weapon to kill them.

So maybe some wyches holding a marine Chainsword or a Banshee's power weapon or the like would work. I don't have whatever white dwarf I go this information from on my person at the time, but I'll get the source when I can.

Yes! Wyches w/chain swords ftw
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 09:10

Todo13 wrote:

Yes! Wyches w/chain swords ftw
Wyches with CHOPPAS for the win!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 09:17

You guys are thinking to small.

Wyches with Nemesis force weapons.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 09:30

Or even Nemesis Greatswords?

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/219559-Baby%20Harness%20Grey%20Knight%204.html?m=2
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:24

That thing is retarded. Wow. I'd gladly let my opponent field something like that while I TLoS'd him all the way across the board and behind dense cover.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 00:39

Xelkireth wrote:
That thing is retarded. Wow. I'd gladly let my opponent field something like that while I TLoS'd him all the way across the board and behind dense cover.
Except TLoS cannot be traced to weapons... (Or wings *cough*Scourges*cough* or tails *cough*Talos*cough* or Banners *cough*Sybarites*cough* and other such things)
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 01:21

Rangrok1k wrote:
Xelkireth wrote:
Except TLoS cannot be traced to weapons... (Or wings *cough*Scourges*cough* or tails *cough*Talos*cough* or Banners *cough*Sybarites*cough* and other such things)
I thought you could shoot if you could see a weapon... I don't have a rulebook here. I've lent it out.
Back to top Go down
dr3dg3
Hellion
dr3dg3

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 06:28

*facepalm*
I can't belief I missed all these replies, thanks a million for all the helpful information! It will be very valuable in developing my fluff and it's good to know that this cult is open for now. At first it was my favorite paint scheme but now I find their background great as well.

Anyway, I'm about half-way done with my Bloodbride squad with this scheme. Hope I can get some pictures up here soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Blade Denied   Cult of the Blade Denied I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of the Blade Denied
Page 1 of 1