THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
curebdc
Hellion
curebdc

grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures Empty
PostSubject: grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures   grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 23:42

So I didnt notice this before but in BRB it says grounding tests are caused by one or more hits at BS 1 (so 6's). So this means that PER UNIT you can only get 1 grounding test, which they can save at a 3+, which if they make they dont change flight mode... I was always doing this as every hit causes a grounding test because i guess I misread it. So yeah, kinda rough? vs say a bunch of demon princes, best bet is to keep everything as far back as possible and focus everything on them first? Just seems like a waste.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures   grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12 2013, 23:45

Yeah its each unit - so if your Venom hits twice, its only 1 test.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures   grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 00:23

Once the are down though, we own them. FMC are just more expensive MC in most cases and poison ruins them

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures   grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 03:59

When I play armies with flying monstrous creatures I usually dedicate my two 125pt warrior/blaster/venom with extra cannon units to holding objectives in my zone while shooting at the FMC's. You can move 12" with them, snap fire with the passengers(you're shooting at BS1 anyways). results in at least one of them getting grounded each turn. Like Massaen wrote-"Once their down though, we own them." They really aren't that bad to deal with in my experience.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures   grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

grounding tests for flying monsterous creatures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: