THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar alliance

Go down 
+6
Shadows Revenge
Archon Farath Mure
Count Adhemar
Sky Serpent
Dogmar
Roy89
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 22:36

Hello guys,
I come to you for another little question(with my usually bad english!).
Since one month ago I've started to use ad alliance with my DE.Of course I use the eldar as support.
I play with 5 rangers and one farseer as HQ of the eldar.
To be honest is very interesting play with this models because they fix some of the DA problem.
The rangers are very strong sniper and they can take 3+cover save(not bad) and also they do AP1 with 6 on hit and 6 on wound(u can upgrade them then they do AP1 with 5 on hit).
The farseer is awesome.
first of all:if your opponent know you play with the farseer,they won't play with any psycher(this means your guys won't be target of the "bad" spell such as dumble or witchfire) and also He can use fortune and mind war(very interesting reroll cover saves or reroll to hit).
With this alliance, I didn't lose one game until now however I play for fun and with magic "phase" and new stealth shooters, the game becomes very interesting...
Now guys I would like listen your advice and I would like read your opions about my choice....
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 22:52

Hello Roy,

CWE are definitely the best ally option for DE in my opinion. As you say they offer some solutions to the problems DE frequently encounter, which is for example psychic defense (your Farseer).

From looking at list on here I've found that most people use a Farseer for obvious reasons but with Guardian Jetbikes as troops instead of pathfinders as they find their killing potential too limited and the Jetbikes are dirt cheap objective grabbers for late game.

My question to you would be: How have you found your pathfinders to perform? Were they worth the points? What exactly did you use them for?

I have yet to play with allies, I use pure DE lists and feel quite satisfied with it.
Back to top Go down
Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13 2013, 23:08

The pathfinders are expensive but they will never make you unhappy because they have 36 inch as range and they are perfect for shoot down an independent charapter o heavy support squad. I don't use them for shooting vehicle,of course,because I got my eldar Very Happy
The farseer is very strong,with him magic,he can support him unit and with singing spear and 4+ inv, in close combat is not a easy enemy.

Dogmar I like to play with pure DE list but I've created a abstract story about the growling of the DE and for this reason I use the Eldar as slaves.
I play for fun and doesn't matter if I win or not, so if I would make a powa DE list with powa alliance for smash everyone, then I use bikes and the farseer on it but for now I want to try different ways to shoot down very strong unit with long range weapons Wink
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 16:01

Moving this to Slaves and Mercenaries.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 11:40

I think nobody have never used alliance with farseer and others eldar
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 11:57

I use Eldrad and Pathfinders on occasion. Eldrad is absolutely brilliant but I seem to have very bad luck with my Pathfiders shooting. They usually hit, often rolling many 5's and 6's (for AP1 goodness) but then it all goes horribly wrong and they never seem to wound anything. On the rare occasion that they do wound I always seem to be firing at something with an invulnerable save which never seems to fail! In theory though, they are excellent troops.

Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 12:05

thank you dragon for this post.
actually when you shoot with the rangers can happen to roll bad dices and usually when I play with them(often five of them) I hope to shoot down one at least and this is with bad luck.
I always hope my guys roll six on the wound dice for make a precise sttrike. Im that case I have a possibility to make a wounds at their HQ.
I think they have a lot of possibility to make their best but,how everyone know the dices has the last verdict Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 12:07

Precision Shots against characters are a bit of a waste generally as the character still gets to Look out, Sir! against them on a 4+ (2+ for Independent Characters). Better to use these shots to take out special and heavy weapons.

Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 12:13

you're right.
anyway I think the rangers are good to shoot down heavy unit such as terminators or obliterators especially if they are upgraded. However I'm guessing what the people of this forum think about the farseer...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 12:21

Farseers are almost a universal choice for Eldar allies. It only varies whether he is on foot or on a jetbike, which powers to use and whether to pay for Eldrad.

Roy89
Hellion
Roy89

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 12:26

I would like to read who have used the farseer and whic power you have chose,which one you prefer and others advices about
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 12:29

Personally I use Eldrad and roll all powers on the Divination table. With 4 rolls you're pretty much guaranteed to get useful powers. For lesser Farseers I think Divination is still the way to go as Prescience is just too good to miss. If using codex powers, I think Doom, Guide and Fortune are good choices.

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 14:51

When using Craftworlder allies, I too usually go with Pathfinders and a cheap Farseer with Doom and Runes. I favor Doom over Prescience because it allows me to thoroughly erase even the toughest squads in a single shooting phase with a smaller portion of my army. Pathfinders bring capabilities the rest of the army lacks, though they are supplementary at best in my experience.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15 2013, 15:02

Roy89 wrote:
I would like to read who have used the farseer and whic power you have chose,which one you prefer and others advices about

Doom works wonders with us, a great choice by far.

Fortune sadly only works on Eldar units, but is a key component of harliestar.

Guide only works on Eldar units as well, dont take it... unless you have enough eldar units that can use it, and want doom

Mind War is decent, but its rarely useful imho. a Challenge is better for picking out that character anyday

Eldritch Storm is interesting, its really bad considering its armor pen or needing 5s to wound MEQ, but its spin effect is a cool extra. Ive used it, and it was decent. Not an auto include.

Both divination and telepathy are amazing, with diviation leading the edge as great force amplifiers. Telepathy though has invisablity, which is probably the best defensive buff we can get other than fortune

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 12:46

If you're bringing Eldrad, you need to make sure you will make the most out of him. He's a big chunk of points. If you're not casting 3 good powers per turn, you're wasting his abilities and you may as well just bring a standard much cheaper farseer.

Dark eldar forces have a tendency to move around to make the most out of their superior mobility, whereas Eldrad usually works best with a fire base where he can use his ability to cast e.g. fortune/guide/prescience/invisibility/perfect timing/misfortune/forewarning (twice in most cases) and buff several units per turn. So you could commit to bringing some eldar warwalkers (and/or other shooty eldar stuff) along too.

Obviously multi-casting doom is fantastic and you won't need to worry about creating the above 'firebase', you just need to give him a good sized unit to hide in (a few pathfinders probably). The problem with this is that you are keeping the other codex powers along with Doom, & guide/fortune are not useable vs DE, and using these just on pathfinders is not exactly earth-shatteringly efficient. You could use mind war or eldritch storm as the 3rd power, the latter of which is not bad.

He lacks fleet so doesn't travel well with most DE units that rely on those re-rolls to get into combat.

If mounted on a raider/venom, he can only use psychic shooting powers on targets outside the vehicle, but he can buff the unit he's with and the vehicle too....wonder what he'd be like joined with a grotesque unit? Maybe if you could pick up the invisibility power along with prescience that would be pretty nifty!

EDIT: as units cannot embark on allied vehicles.

Anyway, that's just my own thoughts on trying to fit Eldrad into a DE list.

Last edited by Squierboy on Thu Jan 17 2013, 18:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited because units cannot embark on allied vehicles.)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 12:51

Squierboy wrote:
If mounted on a raider/venom

Sadly, this is not an option as even Battle Brothers cannot embark on allied transports.

Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 17:01

Count Adhemar wrote:
Sadly, this is not an option as even Battle Brothers cannot embark on allied transports.

Oh yeah, my mistake. Good spot!

Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 18:22

Anyone have any experience how Karandras and Striking Scorpions work with DE? Rangers are one I am going to get someday, but I was wondering how good these guys are?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:21

Personally I dont think they would bring much to the plate, other than maybe being a decent set up unit for Incubi to charge through cover without grenades. Scorps are light infantry killers, the problem is we have poison... and alot of it... Also in close combat we have wyches, beasts, wracks, heck even hellions that can push through light infantry like butter. But try it out and see what you think, it never hurts to try new things.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:27

How about Dark Reapers? They are anti-tank, right? And besides, probably the closest DE looking units Eldar have.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:31

Mngwa wrote:
How about Dark Reapers? They are anti-tank, right? And besides, probably the closest DE looking units Eldar have.

Dark Reapers only have S5 weapons. The Exarch can upgrade to a Missile Launcher. They are MEQ killers. S5, AP3, Heavy 2 is pretty much perfect for killing marines. That being said, I did bring down a Helldrake with them last week but that was because it foolishly presented it's rear armour to them.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:48

Going to buy their codex first before planning what units of theirs to get then, I suppose... Thanks for the replies though Smile

Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 19:43

I would use Fire Dragons then Dark Reaper for one thing they are cheaper but they do lose range.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Kesharq

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13 2013, 17:59

for fun, iv been taking a Autarch with a jump pack and power weapon lol. along side this i have taken:

Howling Banshees x 10

Rangers x 5
Rangers x 5

and either x3 Support Weapons or a Wraithlord....its worked out well so far along side my DE. (note this has only been in fun games)

7th ed score:

Wins: 4 Cool 
Loses: 7 scratch 
Draws: 1 study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eldar alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eldar alliance   Eldar alliance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar alliance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum