THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?

Go down 
+2
Archon Farath Mure
tlronin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? Empty
PostSubject: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 08:39

Guys,

Got my ass handed to me by a local IG player who also plays alot of tournaments. So, I didn't mind losing per se, as i am a casual player.

But... The dude had 2 Hydra flak platforms, which he apparantly could also mount on a tank if he chooses (not ad hoc in the same game ofcourse). And those things were killing!

So this is part asking if anyone knows the exact rules, 'cause it seemed kind of overpowered. And also some tactical advice, because I'll see him alot in our campaign (he lives in my village).

1) So can he really choose to hit flyers or hit groundunits per turn? Can he also then 'intercept' the moment a flyer comes on and then choose in his own shooting phase to target units on the ground?? Does it really have 4 TWIN LINKED shots??? Plus it ignores my coversaves????

2) What do my fellow archons ussually do when facing these things? ' Cause I got to be honest, I was whipped! Turn 1 he blasted both my Ravagers.Then, turn 2, he destroyed my Razorwing as it came on! Then in his shooting phase he destroyed both Raiders and basically blew my mobility. Next turns were him just mopping me up.

Suffice the say I didn't have a great game that evening...

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 08:58

Well, Hydras are actually a part of the IG codex, as the big gun mounted on a Chimera. Essentially, they're a priority target. If you go second, deploy everything so it gets a cover save. It only ignores cover gained through movement, like Jink. If you go first, blast them apart. Yes, they have four TL shots. Yes, it comes with Skyfire (but no Interceptor.) I don't know if the platform gets Interceptor.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 09:01

Thnx for your reply. Oh, that would explain why he didn't have the physical platforms. Because he's going to make his own. It's all coming together...

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 09:29

The hydra tank (in the guard codex) is mounted on a chimera chassis (Farath Mure said). It does not have interceptor so it can't shoot things when they come in, and it hits anything that isn't a skimmer/flyer on 6s.

Even if it did have interceptor (which it doesn't), the rules specifically state:

Quote :
If this rule is used, the weapon cannot be fired next turn... -BRB page 38

By the sound of it your friend is using the hydra flak platform from forge world.

Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? Hydraplat

Which I believe does have the interceptor rule, but like I said it can't shoot in its shooting phase if it shoots in your movement phase. This is not a 40k unit and is not in the guard codex, it's a forge world model and uses their rules. It also only has 2 Hull points.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 09:39

Ey mush,

(how are the BBs doing Wink)

On topic. Yeah, I mean the Hydra Flak Platform. Apologies if that was not clear from my opening post.

So yeah, I think my friend made a mistake then. I believe he intercepted my Razorwing in my movement phase and fired on my Raiders in his own shooting phase. I don't know ofcourse if Forgeworld have their own 'intercept' rules or whatever, but I doubt it. So i' ll address that the next time I see him.

Thnx for the reply.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 09:40

It's basically a souped up quadgun. Looks amazing though.

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 10:01

Oh wait, 1 more question. I can be quite the scatterbrain but if I recall correctly he didn't need LOS. Is this true?

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 10:13

They aren't barrage, so unless the platform has a rule that negates the need for LoS, it still needs to see the target.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 11:47

LOS is required for both platform and tank. Bear in mind the tank does not come with interceptor and so does not shot in your move phase and has penalties vs most targets

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:16

Hhmm... Seems we' ll have some talking to do when I see him again.

Thanks guys.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:37

tlronin wrote:
Hhmm... Seems we' ll have some talking to do when I see him again

Other than shooting twice as often as allowed and at targets he couldn't see I don't think he's really done that much wrong! Very Happy

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:54

Lol. Yeah... Well in general he doesn't do it on purpose, so... It was his first time he fielded those Hydra platforms.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 16:29

also since the tank doesnt have intercept, it can only hit ground targets (other than skimmers ofc) on 6s. The platform does have intercept though, so it doesnt have this problem

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?   Hydra flak platform/tank from IG? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hydra flak platform/tank from IG?
Page 1 of 1