THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

assaults and charge range

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

assaults and charge range Empty
PostSubject: assaults and charge range   assaults and charge range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:15

Charged through terrain which put my wyches at initiate1 so his one space wolf hits first with three attacks, kills three wyches in the front, because it was a very tight space to fight in due to the ruin my unit of wyches was now more than 2 inches away from the space wolf. Is that assault now finished due to the unit of wyches not being in base contact anymore? Sad Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: assaults and charge range   assaults and charge range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:51

Short answer, no.

Long answer is that the combat continues at least until the end of the assault phase and at each initiative step you may have models that are entitled to make a 3" pile-in move. This has to be used to either get into b2b, get within 2" of a model in b2b or get as close as possibie to one or more of the enemy units locked in this combat (pg23).

At the end of the assault phase both sides also get End of Combat Pile In moves (pg27), which says:
Quote :
After the combat has been resolved, it can happen that some models from units that did not Fall Back are not in base contact with an enemy. These models must make a Pile In move, starting with the side whose turn it is. This is ffeated exactly like a start of Initiative step Pile In, as found on page 23

Only after that step would a combat be considered over if there are no models locked or engaged. This is highly unlikely to occur.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: assaults and charge range   assaults and charge range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:51

First of all Wyches have Assault Grenades so you should be swinging at normal Int when charging into cover.

Secondly no, the assault is not finished as they were a unit when they charged in so still a unit when fall out of coherency. Its just like a normal assault, only difference is that only 3 out of the whole unit could fit through the gap.

Pile in at next Int step or at the end of the next assault phase.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: assaults and charge range   assaults and charge range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 13:13

Oh I knew that was a silly question Embarassed That's what I said to him "mate hence the term locked in combat"

So assault grenades negate the assaulting through cover initiative 1 rule??? that one I didn't know, do wyches have them as standard?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: assaults and charge range   assaults and charge range I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 13:17

Wyches come with Plasma Grenades as standard and these are assault grenades as per pg62 of the rulebook.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: assaults and charge range   assaults and charge range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

assaults and charge range
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: