THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 10:18

So, i have been using the rule of cool when setting up this list.

I would like some feedback as i haven't gotten in any games with DE before, neither against them so i don't know much about how they work on the tabletop.

List Total Cost: 1498 Pts.

HQ:
Baron Sathonyx
Lady Malys

Troops:
5 wyches w/ Hekatrix+Agoniser, 5 Haywire Grenades, Venom+Splinter Cannon
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, Raider+Night Shields
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon

Elites:
5 Grotesques w/ Aberration+Venom Blade, Liquifuer Gun

Fast Attack:
4 Beastmasters w/ 5 Khymera, 5 Khymera, 2 Razorwing Flocks, 1 Clawed Fiend

Heavy Support:
Voidraven Bomber

Fortification:
Aegis Defence Line w/ Quad Gun

Total: 1498 Pts.
Allright, so that's that.

Baron Goes With Beastmasters, Malys goes with Grotesques. some anti-air. I guess against horde and IG the games will be tough...

I haven't thought too much about the list, but rather just picked out what i fancied in the codex that i could cram in there without exceeding 1500 Pts. and still be happy with each unit Smile

Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 12:00

Irakunar Thrax wrote:
So, i have been using the rule of cool when setting up this list.

I would like some feedback as i haven't gotten in any games with DE before, neither against them so i don't know much about how they work on the tabletop.

List Total Cost: 1498 Pts.

HQ:
Baron Sathonyx The best special character we have. Good choice, works amazingly with beasts
Lady Malys Malys, on the other hand, does little a standard Archon can't do better. You're planning to run her with Grotesques, so give her replacement a PGL, a shadowfield, and weapons to suit the prey you want the Archon hunting.

Troops:
5 wyches w/ Hekatrix+Agoniser, 5 Haywire Grenades, Venom+Splinter Cannon I really don't like small wych squads. They completely lack redundancy, which means that a couple of wounds neuters their tank-hunting abilities. Both squads would be better bumped up to eight models. You equipped the hekatrix for marine-hunting, so eight wyches makes this an option as well. Of course, this neccessitates replacing the Venom with a Raider.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, Raider+Night Shields Always been a fan of these kinds of squads. Put some splinter racks on the boat, and they're ready to start gunning down your enemies with ease.
10 Kabalite Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon They need a boat. This squad's ride should be the same as the other's.

Elites:
5 Grotesques w/ Aberration+Venom Blade, Liquifuer Gun Solid, but I'd take a set of scissorhands over the venom blade. It may be a good idea to drop one grotesque and take a Raider, but they're tough enough that footslogging isn't an immediate death sentence.

Fast Attack:
4 Beastmasters w/ 5 Khymera, 5 Khymera, 2 Razorwing Flocks, 1 Clawed Fiend Looks fine to me, but I have little experience with beasts.

Heavy Support:
Voidraven Bomber It may not be enough to stop Vendetta spam, but this is a pretty solid choice. Flickerfields on our flyers mean we never need to Evade, so take one of those, and maybe some Night Shields as well. Always remember: missiles on Voidravens are a trap. Good thing you didn't take them. You'll want a ravager or two as well.

Fortification:
Aegis Defence Line w/ Quad Gun I find that fortifications do nothing for the Dark Eldar. Our best trick is our mobility. A defense line just encourages us to stand still and try to play a gunline. When we do that, we die.

Total: 1498 Pts.
Allright, so that's that.

Baron Goes With Beastmasters, Malys goes with Grotesques. some anti-air. I guess against horde and IG the games will be tough... We eat most horde armies for breakfast when played right. IG always put up a good fight, thanks to their options.

I haven't thought too much about the list, but rather just picked out what i fancied in the codex that i could cram in there without exceeding 1500 Pts. and still be happy with each unit Smile It's actually a pretty solid start.

Advice in red.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
penguinninja
Slave
penguinninja

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 22:17

Personally, I wouldn't go with two special characters. I would switch Malys for a Haemonculi - automatic Feel no pain for the grotesques or I would be tempted to have four grotesques with 2 haemonculi for furious charge as well.

Do not go for a small wych squad, they get butchered easily and small numbers never do well in combat either.

Add a splinter rack to your raider's with Warriors = re-roll failed to hit means more chance to wound.

Ditch the fortification. As a Dark Eldar player you won't be hanging around in one spot. You'll typically be going forward.

Beasts sound good.

Liking the Voidraven Razz

Overall, a good start Smile

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16 2013, 22:52

I would put some splinter racks on the kabalite raider and/or put the 4 grotesques in a raider.

Perhaps divide the beastmastergoup into two squads for some wound saturation.
Oh, and venomblades on the hekatrixes is the new black Smile

Happy hunting!
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Thank you:)   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 11:33

A very hearty thank you to all of you who answered my request, it was of major help Smile
Back to top Go down
Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 14:30

penguinninja wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't go with two special characters. I would switch Malys for a Haemonculi - automatic Feel no pain for the grotesques or I would be tempted to have four grotesques with 2 haemonculi for furious charge as well.

Remember that the Grotesques always start with a pain token, so they already have FNP, but put a haemonculi in there and give them furious charge from turn 1, would be awesome Very Happy

But overall a very good list Smile
Back to top Go down
penguinninja
Slave
penguinninja

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 13:08

Quote :
Remember that the Grotesques always start with a pain token, so they already have FNP, but put a haemonculi in there and give them furious charge from turn 1, would be awesome Very Happy

Oh yeah Razz Furious charge would be awesome.

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List   1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Dark Eldar - First DE List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: