THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Tournement - Changing pace

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
N.A.V.I
Slave
N.A.V.I

1850 Tournement - Changing pace Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Tournement - Changing pace   1850 Tournement - Changing pace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 01:05

So, after a bit more buying, building, and painting, had an opportunity to watch our first tournament of the new year. It turns out the set limit is 1850, not 2000 which is where I thought it was. So, I am trying to adjust my list to that level, but I am finding it hard to squeeze out 150 points.

My original list that I was building towards was http://www.thedarkcity.net/t4993-working-to-2k-competitively. But after taking Flayed_Heart_Kabal advice and looking into Venom's my opinions and experiences have changed.

I just need help maximizing the list and then playing tips to remember to get the most out of venom running units.

List:

1x Archon - Blaster, Huskblade, Soul-trap, PGL, SF - 175 (Incubi)

2x Haemunculus - 100 (Incubi/Wyche)

1x Incubi (x5) + DL Raider - FF, NS - 190 (Archon/Haemonculus)

2x Kabalite Trueborn (x3) - Blaster x2 + Venom - Splinter Cannon, NS - 141 each

1x Wyches (x9) - Shardnet and Impaler, Haywire Grenades + DL Raider - FF, NS - 198 (Haemonculus)

4x Kabalite Warriors (x5) - Blaster + Venom - Splinter Cannon, NS - 135 each

3x Ravanger - Triple DL, FF, NS 0 125 Each

Total is 1850 on the dot...

Note, that I still haven't played out of 1000 points, so I still don't have any pratical expriance with Venoms. C&C appreciated deeply.

Thanks ahead of time!

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournement - Changing pace   1850 Tournement - Changing pace I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 02:26

There is actually a little fat that can be trimmed IMO. Anywhere you can drop flickerfields, you should. With the changes to obscured and adding jink, the FF is no longer a must have. That's 50 points right there.

Next, I would be adding a hekatrix upgrade to the wyches, with a venom blade should you desire. It's more for the LD boost though. I would go the upgrade to hekatrix before any wych weapons as well. Lets drop them here and leave the hekatrix bare. Zero cost swap.

My next change would be the archon. 135 points gets you the SF, PGL and an agoniser. He is support for the incubi so let's keep him cheap - saves you 40 points for a total of 90 to spend.

Next, we make the big changes. We drop the haemy from the incubi (saves another 50) which gives 140 to spend.

3 wracks (as troops) in a venom with NS is 105. We add one more incubi to the unit and a liquifier on the wych haemy which leaves us with just 3 points to spend.

We added another vehicle and scoring unit which is cheap enough to just camp with. We lost almost nothing in durability from the incubi thanks to the extra body and the archon still fights well, but is more for support than HQ hunting. We also gave the haemy a neat flamer so he has something to do after the wyches take his token. If you really want the token for the incubi you can always steal the wracks one if you wanted as well

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
N.A.V.I
Slave
N.A.V.I

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournement - Changing pace   1850 Tournement - Changing pace I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 05:14

Thank you for the reply. I just have a couple of questions and comments.

1) I'm currently playing at lower point levels, and with big point sink into raider gunboats instead of venoms. I auto add the the flickers. Thanks for the point.

2) I was using the wyche squad as a ten man screen for icubi. I have had better success with the 9+hae, but for some reason I decided to use a weapon upgrade. The leadership definitely is a better choice, also I have a mook I can sacrifice in bad challenge situations.

3) My first DE purchase was a archon that I modeled like this. I think at this point level I can use it again, though I like HQ hunting XD.

4) Not sure about the three man venom wracks. It seems... fragile... Also, what do you mean I can steal the wracks pain token. I thought if it is granted to a unit it stays on that unit for all intent and purposes. Even when an IC joins, the IC just shares after pooling. Can I really just leach the pain token from the wracks, and did I miss something in the FAQ and dex?

If I can get a response and some reassurance with the suggestions I will likely be able to start conveying some of the models now. Though, I think I really want to know is how to use and manipulate the pain tokens O.O !

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournement - Changing pace   1850 Tournement - Changing pace I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 09:34

Sharing the pain is easy.

Lets say you have a unit of 3 wracks. They have 1 pain token thanks to their rules. An archon joins the unit. As he is now part of the unit he gains the benefit of the token as he has the power from pain special rule.

Now, lets say the archon needs to leave the unit to do something else. Under 'sharing the pain' in the codex we check how many tokens the unit has and we must divide them evenly between the 2 parts of the unit that are splitting. We are given the choice as to where the odd token goes. Thus in this case, we have 1 token but 2 units so we decide who keeps the token. We give it to the archon (leaving the wracks with nothing).

So lets say you want the token on the incubi at the start of the game. You start the game with the archon joined to the wracks, on foot, beside the wrack venom. The incubi raider is close enough for the archon to move and embark. Turn 1 the archon leaves the wracks, taking the token, and moves then embarks the incubi raider and as he is now part of the incub and they have power from pain, the whole unit benefits. The wracks can then embark their venom and do what ever

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Tournement - Changing pace   1850 Tournement - Changing pace I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Tournement - Changing pace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: