THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Razorwing: What if

Go down 
+6
Shadows Revenge
Nomic
shadowseercB
Kinnay
Mushkilla
Mt252368
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

Razorwing: What if Empty
PostSubject: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 16:48

I noticed a "Mandrakes: what if" topic which then got me thinking.

What if the Razorwing and/or the Voidraven were fast attack units. Would we be seeing more people using them in their lists?
Or would beastpacks, and reavers still be taking the spotlight.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 16:51

Mt252368 wrote:
I noticed a "Mandrakes: what if" topic which then got me thinking.

What if the Razorwing and/or the Voidraven were fast attack units. Would we be seeing more people using them in their lists?
Or would beastpacks, and reavers still be taking the spotlight.

They are great as they are, and see plenty of use as heavies. Having them in fast attack would be a bad idea. Besides that would leave Talos and Ravagers as our only heavies. What they need is vector dancer and shrouded. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 16:59

My thoughts exactly. Leave them as Heavies, but for Vect's sake, at least give them Vector Dancer! Get it? VECTor Dancer? Yeah...

Anyway, shrouded would be great, but we have Flickerfields, so that's okay. I'd give the Razorwing Missile Lock or Strafing Run, though.

shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 17:32

I believe the razorwing jetfighter should be leaps and bounds better at air to air combat. Its like we have two bombers.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 17:38

They already get use (Voidraven less since it needs to eb converted, tho when/if it gets a model I'll bet everybody uses it over Razorwing). Voidraven in particular is as good AT as the Ravager, but somewhat more durable (not open topped) and with the added beenfit of being a flyer. Of course it also has the disadvanatges of being a flyer (must start in reserve, must move every turn and can only turn 90 degrees), but flyers are pretty powerful right now, with non-flyer anti-air being for most armies limited to the aegis defence line. I used to use one flyer in 5th for the alpha-strike missile action (come out of reserves and load all missiles on a single unit). In 6th I've been using 2 (2 flyers are much more surviveable than 1 due to anti-air being quite rare, meaning limited ability to shoot at multiple targets). Although if/when Eldar get a flyer, I'll probably go back to double Ravager due to Ravagers being such good source of long range lances for little points.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 17:59

give them both vector dancer and we can talk...

They also need something along the lines of Eldar titan holofields like the nightwing has, because that is just broken as a flyer tbh... for the same point cost

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Mt252368
Hellion
Mt252368

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 18:09

I agree, vector dancer would be a great add!

What about allowing squadrons?
With a Voidraven, it would be a decent anti-air unit. Still allowing 2 ravagers.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 22:44

I've often thought about this, if the flyers were both to move to Heavy I'd take one or two and three Ravagers. I find myself in a constant conundrum as Ravagers are so good but flyers are in vogue right now.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
CaGeRit
Slave
CaGeRit

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18 2013, 23:21

I was going to say that I'd rather have the fighter be more fightery, but it seems that we have that covered. I think a simple missle add-on would suffice, something that is excellent against air, but lackluster against tank or infantry. Perhaps no AoE and low strength coupled with a boost to strength or the armor pen roll against other flyers.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 01:15

I like the Razorwing just the way it is. As far as I'm concerned there's no need to move any unit to another slot now when we can have two fox.
I do have a question about the rumored upcoming Void bomber though. Is there any chance that the bomber will get any new rules, point increase/decrease?
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 02:22

Something to think about:

One of our advantages with Flickerfields on our fliers is that it's one of the few things that gives a save vs a Vector Strike...

Really infuriating to CSM when their OP Helldrake tries to smash you, totally fails... and then eats 2 Dark Lances to its Face Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razorwing: What if   Razorwing: What if I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Razorwing: What if
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-