THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Balisong
Sybarite

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19 2013, 02:58

Hi all:

I'm looking for some unusual color schemes for Dark Eldar power weapons.

The color scheme of my army is Blood Red, Gold, and Black with Green.

Here are some photos of the color scheme:

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons 736989_10200156797587518_416677570_o

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons 735203_10200156735585968_170441086_n

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons 474099_10200156735945977_1974567097_o

Normally I would say a green scheme would really stand out, but I use a lot of Venom Blades which I plan on making oozing with green poison.

So looking for a way to paint the power weapons so they clearly stand out at first glance.

Some thoughts I had were Purple, or perhaps a "Darklight" theme with a Black Blade with silver and white lightning. Any advice would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 00:09

I'd roll with blue. Start with a dark-mid blue, moving (through various shades depending how comfortable you are with blending) up to a white edge. My Angels Sanguine are black and red with gold trim, and I've found that the blue power weapons on the sergeants etc really help to set them apart.
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 05:09

Thanks! It is much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 05:15

I was thinking blue, or a turquoise color. The new Sotek Green(like the old Hawk Turquoise) blended up to a thinned white would look pretty snazzy with the red.
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 05:34

Maybe transitioning back and forth from Blue to green would work enough and be distinguishable enough from the venom blades. I like, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09 2013, 01:11

I did 3 options:

Purple Agonizer
Greenish Power Sword
Blue Power Lance

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons 858992_10200483716440285_867052409_o

What do you think works best?
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09 2013, 02:54

I like the green/turquoise the most; it stands out with the color scheme without clashing a great deal.

I'm also partially color blind, so take that vote with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 03:21

Thanks!

I'm the only one in my family not colorblind...

The horror stories I could tell you...

Canary yellow cars...

Lime green sport jackets...

:O
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 05:42

That's why I'm getting married. Smile Picking out clothes that aren't atrocious is her job now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons   Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Unique Ways to Paint DE Power Weapons
Page 1 of 1