THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My new 1850 list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raoiley
Hellion

My new 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: My new 1850 list    My new 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 02:18

I'm playing 1850 against a chaos player tomorrow. He's not one of the elite players around (I've been playing and losing against really good players) so I want to try a few tweaks. My list of raider and venom spam has won me a few games and fought hard in others. I LOVE coven models so I'm eager to try it out. I also ripped off the grotesque conversion idea from warspears. I'm very happy with the turnout!!

HQ
Urien Rakarth - 190

ELITES

10 Grotesques
+1 strength to each from Urien
1 liquifier
1 abberation with a flesh gauntlet

440 (Urien will run with this squad. I was going to split them into 2, but the points for another Haemon, plus another liquifier and abberation in the new squad were too much. I'm going to try one big evil blob.)

TROOPS

5 Wracks (2 duplicate squads, 10 wracks in total on 2 venoms)
liquifier
acothyst with hex rifle
loaded in a venom with extra splinter cannon
300 points total

10 warriors (2 duplicate squads again for 20 warriors on 2 raiders)
splinter cannon
raider with splinter racks
340 points total

FAST ATTACK
4 beast masters with venom blades
4 total razorwing swarms
10 total khymarae
248 points total

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Talos (Taloi?)
each with a liquifier and haywire launcher

I have ordered some scourges I plan on working in. I also had some mandrakes coming in because I like the models and want to make the list a pure coven list. I've got flyers and ravagers and more raiders etc but I want to be able to run 2 or 3 totally different lists.

I know he brings 2 rhinos usually and 2 dreadnoughts. I plan on focus firing the haywire from the Talos and having them march on the vehicles. I'm pretty confident that the 3 talos can take down his noughts as well as rhinos and command squad inside.

While I'm losing SOME of the mobility I'm used to, on a 6x4 table, I think we'll be fine. If we deploy on the short table edges far apart, I can still get close right off the bat. Without all the squishy raiders that I depend on, he is going to have a lot of decision making in regards to what squads he shoots. The Grots won't go down easy. The beasts also wont. I plan on keeping the raiders and venoms off to the side and having the Talos soak up the brunt of the shots. He doesn't usually bring a lot of big heavy stuff.

I guess I'll have to see how it goes... but I don't think I really need mobility in this. 10 grotesques, 3 talos, 10 wracks. In total it's like 9 liquifiers and some absolutely monstrous close combat.... my beasts will be off assaulting (I wish I had points for Baron and his save.. but the invul on the khymarae should serve to get them close enough.)

If I am too far away to walk to him, I'll just park the grots on an objective and protect either warriors or wracks. I'm sure the raiders/venoms/beasts will get first blood and probably linebreaker if I'm smart.

What do you like/hate about the list?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

My new 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new 1850 list    My new 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 03:30

You've written Venom Blades on the Beastmasters but only 1 master can take a weapon upgrade

Hellion

My new 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new 1850 list    My new 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21 2013, 04:04

Oh right, thanks! I have only run them once and must have misread!
Back to top Go down
Raoiley
Hellion

My new 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new 1850 list    My new 1850 list  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22 2013, 01:34

Went well.. I tabled him. I'm going to drop the beasts and bring in scourges. I will have to decide what guns to run them with. I'd also like to try 5 mandrakes as an annoyance unit. I also need to make room for another haemonculus. I don't like all ten grots in one unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new 1850 list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new 1850 list    My new 1850 list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new 1850 list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-