THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site

Go down 
+4
Seshiru
shadowseercB
Shadows Revenge
PaulT
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site Empty
PostSubject: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 13:52

If for example a venom targets an enemy unit with its two splinter cannons and there is an enemy tank or something blocking the lower gun can only the top gun fire? its not assumed it just raises up due to being a skimmer and shoots it lower gun also? or does it come back to true line of site? thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 16:08

true line of sight sadly. but remember that its measured from one of the guns, so if one can see them, you can still roll both and kill them with both, just as long as the bottom can see 1 guy as well

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 17:21

I happen to have had a problem with this a few days ago. My opponent said that the venom weapons are stationary. They do not turn so the venom needs to face what its going to shoot at. I thought they were pintel mounted so it wouldnt matter. I let it go.

Is he right? His reasoning is because it cannot move like a IG or ravagers gun can move.

EDIT: I am talking about both splinter cannon's.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 18:30

I believe the rule says how much you could move it if you didn't glue it. The top gun (and gunner) can easily be positioned to be pointing to either side prior to gluing so a minimum of 180. The lower one is debateable but even hull mounted it would have a 45 to either side.

For kicks glue 1 with the gunner standing on the wing pointing the gun to opposite side, making it impossible to argue its arc

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 19:13

This question comes up very often actually... 6th is very vague on the subject, and its just lazy GW writing tbh. Mostly its up to you and your group to decide. Normally we give 180 to both top and bottom (as you would think any hull mounted weapon like that is able to swivel, like a turrent on an apache) but people also have a decent arguement for a 45 degree arc.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24 2013, 19:48

I just read page 72. I for sure am able to fire the top venom gun atleast 180. Glued or not.

The bottom one is arguable only because the way it fits when assembling. It has a slot that only allows it to fit one way.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Dra'al Nacht
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 02:03

I reckon 45° for the underslung cannon (as the pilot is firing it, not a gunner like an Apache 'copter) and 180° for the top mounted cannon. It seems to be the most common interpretation, and the one I use anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 04:20

I figure that it mimics the action of the top mounted gun. Since they both have to fire on the same target, why wouldn't they link both weapons, allowing the pilot to focus on his high speed antics? 180 top and bottom.

Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 05:06

Because that would make too much sense. We don't want to do that Smile

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 05:35

I go 90 degrees for both but I'm talking about if the lower gun is blocked but the upper is not. A rhino parked a few inches away from the venom blocks the lower gun does this mean it cant fire or it is assumed it just raises up to fire its under-slung over the rhino?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 10:31

BRB p.72 wrote:
...When firing a vehicle's weapons, point them at the target and then trace line of sight from each weapons' mounting and along its barrel to see if the shot is blocked by terrain or models. If the target unit is in cover from only some of the vehicle's weapons, then work out the target's cover saves exactly as if each firing weapon on the vehicle was a separate firing unit.

So a blocked lower cannon counts as a unit that has no line of sight, and as such can't fire. To rise above blocking terrain is not possible, even if it should.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 10:48

I miss Eldar pop up attacks Sad

PaulT
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25 2013, 12:36

Got it thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site   Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom's underslung splinter cannon line of site
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: