THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grey Knight advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 08:59

Hello, guys.

I have to admit I dont know much about GK. I know my target priority while playing against them, but I dont know much about them other than that.

Now I got a friend that is new to the hobby, and have bought GK. Now he is having problems. Now I dont know if its the list or us beeing to competitive.

So I was wondering what is the usual cookie cutter lists with GK?

The lists I have faced in turnements are usualy:
Draigo
Assasin
Strike squad in Razorback with psy something
Stormraven
Dreadnaughts.

is this the usual stuff?

Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 09:30

It is more Coteaz with a lot of very cheap Henchmen as Troops (cheap acolythes with stormbolters, crusaders and death cult assassins). The cheap acolythes with Razorbacks.
Dreadnaughts with two twin-linked Strength 7 cannons with Psi-ammo (which gives it Strength 8 with 4 shoots).
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 09:42

hmm okai,

So he got:
Coteaz
Draigo
Inquisitor Karamazov
Librarian
2x Vindicare Assassin
Calldius Assasin
5x Terminators
15x Strike squad
3x Razorback
1x Land Raider
1x Stormraven
2x Dreadnaught
1x Vernable Dreadnaught
1x Dreadknight

What kinda of list would you recommend from that? and what should be his priority to buy?
imo he got to few troops... anyway we are playing 1750pts and 1850pts for the most part
We are playing a 1750pts turnement this weekend, so I would like for him to have a list that is OK atleast.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 10:01

With the models he has avaialble Coteaz would not be particularly useful as it wastes one of his main advantages - spamming cheap Troops. He also doesn't have enough Terminators to go for a Draigowing list. In fact, he's short of troops in general! I'd suggest:

Librarian with 2 powers
Terminators, Psycannon, Halberds + Hammer
3 x Strike Squad, Psycannon, 2 Halberds, Hammer in Razorback with Dozer Blade and Psybolts
Stormraven
2 x Dreadnought with 2 x TL Autcannon
Dreadknight with Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Greatsword and Personal Teleporter
Aegis Defence Line with Icarus Lascannon <----this is a points filler really as I'm not sure who you would want to man the ADL and gun. I'd buy a Vindicare instead if I had the points.

Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 10:05

ok thanks.

I have told him to buy some more troops. He just told me he bought a new Strike squad and a terminator squad.
So then he got 5 more of each

Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 10:12

That sounds fine.
Tell him not to forget the psi-weapon special rules (I did it yesterday and lost the game because of it) and that even the Dreadknight is carrying one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grey Knight advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Knight advice   Grey Knight advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-