THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boblikesoup
Slave

1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 12:14

Hi all. This is my first post on these forums. I played Warhammer on and off for 13 years and am getting back into it now. I haven't played in 3 years and there are new rules and codexes.

Please critique this rough list. I would love to hear suggestions on tactics, wargear, and unit size & selection.

Strategy: Deploy army on one side, then completely redeploy and hit enemy on the other side. The army is small and fragile, but ferociousness. The aim is to leave the majority of the enemy force unable to act each turn due to lack of targets.

Allies: ELDAR

HQ
Baron -For the initiative stealing
Haemonculi x1-3 (gear?)
Eldrad Ulthuan (Eldar hero for redeployment)

Elites
Incubi (not sure how well this fits with army, but they are so cool) + transport (nightshields)
Banshees + wave serpent

Troops
Wyches (haywire grenades) + transport (nightshields)
Wracks + Transport (nightshields)
Rangers
Rangers/Dire Avengers (ranged Bladestorm)

Fast Attack
Unit of fly-by Reavers

Heavy Support
x1-2 Fighter jets (which + wargear?)

Models x45-60
Vehicles x6-7

Last edited by boblikesoup on Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 12:25

This list will unfortunatly struggle in competitive enviroment.

The thing is, this list looks very fun, so if you like it then play it. But if you are playing competitive its unfortunatly the ususal Skimmer spam that are competitive. Just click the link in my signature if you want and example of skimmerspam list.
Back to top Go down
boblikesoup
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 12:55

Can you suggest alterations to this list that would make it work?

I read your battle reports and your list looks quite good, but I'd like to play something more dynamic.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 12:58

Welcome to the Dark City boblikesoup! Always good to have a veteran player return to the ports of Commorragh. Smile

Refused flank? Interesting.

However the rangers seem very static for that kind of battle plan. Also what happens if you don't get first turn? Eldrad's power will be useless if you go second and if your opponent takes out any of your transports the troops inside will be stranded and won't be able to redeploy. You also seem to be spending a lot of points in the HQ section, which in my experience is never a good thing. You only have 4 vehicles not counting flyers as they don't do anything for armour saturation on your first turn (as they start in reserve), meaning most of your transports will be dead come the end of turn 2. Where does Eldrad go? Where does the Baron go?

The word competitive means different things to different people. What do you mean by it?

Sorry to throw a load of questions back at you, but it will make helping you with your list a lot easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 13:00

hehe, well question is what you think about when saying dynamic.

Anywho, leaving Ravagers out will always be a misstake imo, and when it comes to reavers, read Mushkilla's battreps, they are great.

I would leave incubis in to get more AT in form of blastborns. One heamonculis is good enough and I wouldnt take more than 7 wyches in a squad, and Id' have the heamonculi with them to give pain token. The baron I dont know where you would like place.
Back to top Go down
boblikesoup
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 13:42

Mushkilla:
-The Rangers are meant to pin, take advantage of the best piece of cover in the game, and grab end-game objectives.
-I meant to write Asdrubael Vect instead of Baron (steal initiative) who would ride with Incubi. It is very expensive HQ, especially now (490 pts).
-By competitive I mean a list I could take to a tournament.

In the old rules, I had a 1250 point list that went about 6-0 with something like:
Archon
Incubi Hero
x5 Incubi + Raider
x6 Wyches
x8 Warrior w/ Dark Lance
x3 Reavers
Talos

Darklight, here is a list heavily influenced by what you said.

Considering what you guys have said, tell me what you think of this list revision:

Abdubael Vect -For the initiative stealing
Haemonculi x2
Eldrad Ulthuan (Eldar hero for redeployment)

Elites
Incubi. (Haemonculi, Abdubael) Transport: Raider w/ Dual splinter cannon (nightshields)
4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster. Transport: Venom w/ Dual splinter cannon (nightshields)
4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster. Transport: Venom w/ Dual splinter cannon (nightshields)

Troops
Wyches (haywire grenades) (Abdubael) +Transport: Venom w/ Dual splinter cannon (nightshields) (Haemonculi)
Wracks + Transport: Venom w/ Dual splinter cannon (nightshields)
Rangers (Eldrad)

Fast Attack
Reavers x3 Fly-by

Heavy Support
Fighter planes x2 (which + wargear?) OR Ravagers x3

Troops x40-50
Transports- x5
Vehicles x2-3

Strategy:

Bait enemy to put all his elite units on one flank across my my troops. Re-deploy and probably go first: possible first turn charges on far opposite flank against ranged & support troops. Wiping out units on charges with HQ.
Eldrad and pathfinders take the best cover accross from elite flank to reroll failed 2+ cover saves to absorb fire, take late game objectives, pin units, force enemy Pyskers to roll 3d6, and "Guide" (reroll hits) shots into enemies for Heavy Supports to annihilate.
Flanking force steamrolls enemy from the side with high initiative killing everything.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 19:11

A few things:

You have too few troops for this size of game. 5/6 standard missions are about objectives and you have only 3 units to score them, two of which are a maximum of 5 models in a venom with T4 and FNP for protection... they'll get blown to shreds.

Also if I'm not mistaken you can't have 4 wyches in a Venom with Vect as the Wyches' minimum squad size is 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army   1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Competetive Bait & Switch Army
Page 1 of 1