THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pts dark eldar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ItzPhaeton
Slave

1000 pts dark eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pts dark eldar   1000 pts dark eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 13:13

Hi everyone, I am a beginner at 40k and decided to go with D.Eldar because i like the look of the models/fluff.

I currently have built -

HQ
Archon - Sould trap, Shadow field, Venom blade Ghost Plate Combat Drugs and WWP @ 160

Troops
Kabalite warriors x10 - Blaster, Dark lance, Sybarite, ghostplate armour @ 150

Wyches x9 - Hyrdagauntlets / Razorflails, Hekatrix, Agonsier @ 130
Raider - Chain snares, flicker fields @ 75

Elites
Incubi x5 - Klaivex, Demiklave, Murderous assault @155

Heavy support

Talos Pain engine - Chainflail, additional ccw @125

Aswell as having 5 scourges on its way to me in the mail.

My most common enemies will be Dark angels, Space wolves, Guard and Orks.

My idea with the army is to have my kabalites sit back on an objective or in cover and shoot vehicles/high priority targets (although thinking of adding 10 more guys for maximum dakka.) Having the wyches and archon rush up the side of the field, drop the WWP and then rush a unit, then turn 2 the talos and the incubi walk out of the portal and start attacking units.

Any advice/tactics for the army would be appreciated, thanks!!

- Phaeton
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

1000 pts dark eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts dark eldar   1000 pts dark eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21 2013, 15:48

Welcome to the Dark City ItzPhaeton! Sorry about the late reply.

The archon doens't need ghost plate as when his shadow field fails he will most likely be instakilled (being only T3), so it's generally considered a waste of points to give him ghost plate.

The soul trap doesn't really benefit the archon as he has a venom blade so I would drop it.

What is your plan with the Webway portal? The wych unit is not the most solid of delivery units so they might not be able to set up the portal in a good position if their raider gets taken out and incubi can't assault on the turn they come out the portal leaving them exposed. The portal doesn't do much for your list.

The raider doesn't need a flicker field as it gets a 5+ cover save for moving, and you should be able to give it a cover save if you go second by deploying it behind cover. The chain snares are not needed either as they will most likely not get used.

The warriors don't need a sibyrite in ghost armour he doesn't bring anything to the squad, the points are better spent elsewhere.

You spent a lot of point on your kliavex, the demi klaive and murderous assault are overkill and over costed. I would drop them. Also incubi don't have assault grenades so will be striking at I1 if they charge into cover unless they are accompanied by an archon with a PGL (phantasm grenade launcher).

The best upgrade for the talos is the twinlinked liquifier as it's lethal and can be fired on the turn it comes out of the portal (as it can't assault on that turn). It also gives your more flexibility when it comes to clearing units out of cover (as the talos doesn't have grenades so strikes at I1 when charging into cover). It's also only a bargain 5pts. I would drop the extra close combat weapon as its too expensive for little gain (and doesn't give you any extra attacks if you take the liquifiers).

On the whole your list doesn't have many troops, has an excessive amount of points spent on necessary upgrade and not enough transports. You will have a tough time against a lot of armies out there.

Hop that helps. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down

1000 pts dark eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: