THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon

Go down 
+3
Count Adhemar
Cavalier
Alpha Ghaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon Empty
PostSubject: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 14:54

Greetings! I'm new around these parts and wanted to start a project log on this forum as I work through my new Dark Eldar force. I have a project on dakkadakka, but I'm not getting a lot of feedback/criticism I'm looking for so I figured this forum may be better for being DE specific.
The goal here is to paint at least 2000pts of Dark Eldar and I'll accomplish this by doing the army piecemeal every week, because I know if I build all these models up front that I will never ever paint them.

1st week: Urien, 9 Wracks, Raider DONE
2nd week: 5 Warriors, Venom, Talos DONE
3rd week: 4 Grotesques, Haemonculus Ramone DONE
4th week: Cronos/Talos (Lazy week and waiting on Blasterborn bits to come in)
5th Week: Talos and a Venom/Truborn Squad (Pending bits arrival)

Here are some of the Units I've finished so far:
Urien with a squad of x9 Wracks and their Raider:
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0942_zpscfceee23
This was my first goal and was a WiP shot but the Raider it self has added details now to make it less "bland".

Another shot of the Wracks but with a new Haemonculus, Violetta:
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0944_zps5866d331

1 of the 5 Talos Pain Engines I hope to have finished by the end (I'll probably get another one to round out the numbers).
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0947_zps6701a380
I plan to have each Pain Engine modeled differently so there will be a variety in the army.

Kabalite Warriors and their Venom:
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0956_zps96f978fd
The base of the Venom has actually been painted, but I'm waiting for my LGS to get in some army painter tufts to finish it off.

WiP Shots of Grotesqus with hand/mask swaps:
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0958_zpsb4d39769.jpg

Finished Grotesques and Ramone the Haemonculus:
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0966_zpsce392fb7
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0967_zpsb2959c17
Still waiting on tufts bounce

I'll post WiP pictures of the 2 Talos later this evening, and I hope to have them ready to paint by the end of the night! Wish me luck!

Last edited by Alpha Ghaz on Mon Feb 04 2013, 16:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 17:03

Sweet looking army! I think we share a very similar paint scheme. Are you using testors gold primer? If so cheers man, I know how hard it is to work with- but the rewards are definitley there. The Grotesques look fantastic. I love the green accents very stirking. BTW I love your avatar. D-Glove is the man.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28 2013, 17:14

Thanks! Yeah, I noticed the similarity in our color scheme when I was browsing your thread just a moment ago Laughing

As for the gold, that is actually Army Painter Leather Brown primer, dry brushed Ghenna's Gold, sepia wash, another dry drybrush of Ghenna's Gold, dry brush of Auric Armour Gold, then a final dry brush of Mithril silver. I've tried my best to give the Grotesques a bit of character with their static pose, and I'm pretty happy with how they came out as well.

Oh and the avatar is actually from the Dark City archive Razz
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 02:09

Looking like Blasterborns will have to take a seat for the week while I wait for some bit orders to come in Sad

Mean while here are WiP shot of the 3 Taloi I'll be working on.
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0969_zpse681cb0a
I'm not really happy with the far right one since it just looks like a Cronos at the moment, I think I'm gonna have to throw him up on the chopping board.

EDIT:
Updated Talos! Pretty happy with how it looks now... will begin sculpting the Wrack into the Talos.
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0971_zps155fc888
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 09:37

Love the wrack in the Talos! Kind of a perverted version of a Nemesis Dreadknight.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 05:40

Count Adhemar wrote:
Love the wrack in the Talos! Kind of a perverted version of a Nemesis Dreadknight.

Thanks Very Happy Been very busy with work/gf today so little progress on the models (tears), but I did work on the Talos a bit more by adding in GS and swapping the top trophy rack(?).
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0972_zps4308c6bc
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 07:57

That is a great idea, it looks terrific!

Those whatever-they-are things that you have replaced the trophy rack with don't do much for me. I'm not sure what exactly would look better, but they don't add anything to a really great concept. Hmmmmm ........ maybe large vials of poison?
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 09:02

I really like the Talos-Wrack fusion. Gives the guy that extra dose of character that sets him aside from other Taloi. Now I'd really like to see this guy painted, it should look fantastic!
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 11:04

I am totally stealing your Wrack Talos fusion Great idea!
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 16:11

Gobsmakked wrote:
That is a great idea, it looks terrific!

Those whatever-they-are things that you have replaced the trophy rack with don't do much for me. I'm not sure what exactly would look better, but they don't add anything to a really great concept. Hmmmmm ........ maybe large vials of poison?

I totally agree with what you had to say, so I've decided on something different and finished modifying it before I went to bed. I hope you like it!

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
I really like the Talos-Wrack fusion. Gives
the guy that extra dose of character that sets him aside from other
Taloi. Now I'd really like to see this guy painted, it should look
fantastic!

I'm hoping to have him primed/base coated by the evening, but the freezing weather is making that rather difficult.

ravengoescaw wrote:
I am totally stealing your Wrack Talos fusion Great idea!

I was inspired by another Talos conversion on DakkaDakka though!

I really like where this conversion went and I'm finally happy with what I have, and I'm hoping to have painted by the end of the week.

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0975_zps956fec3a
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon IMG_0974_zps2855b1b0

As always C&C are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 18:09

Excellent! The spikes (antennae?) definitely look better and the GS work on the (brain matter?) carapace is inspired. A group of these on the tabletop would look amazing.

Well done sire!
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 06:10

Gobsmakked wrote:
Excellent! The spikes (antennae?) definitely look better and the GS work on the (brain matter?) carapace is inspired. A group of these on the tabletop would look amazing.

Well done sire!
Thanks Smile Here is an updated shot of the beast.

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon Img_0911
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon Img_0912
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 10:12

I love that model. Fantastic work!
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 16:28

Now I just need to clearcoat it then add tufts to the base to finish it! Off to Michaels!
Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon Img_0913
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 18:20

That Talos is amazing, I love it.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 12:28

Damn that is seriously gruesome. Thats one hell of a paint job.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Ghaz
Slave
Alpha Ghaz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 04:22

Thanks! 90% sure I came down with a cold/flue so progress might be slow for the week... but here is a preview of this weeks "goal".

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon Img_0914

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon Img_0915

Just waiting on some helmet bits to come in to finish the Blasterborn off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon   Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven of Fleshcraft and the Kabal of Crimson Talon
Page 1 of 1