THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

NOVA (labor day weekend)

Go down 
+6
The Eye of Error
Shadows Revenge
Count Adhemar
CaptainBalroga
Baron Tordeck
Tony Spectacular
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

NOVA (labor day weekend) Empty
PostSubject: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2013, 18:10

Is anyone going to NOVA this year? I'm bringing my dark kin, but I am only going to be playing in the narrative event. There are GTs everywhere, but I've never heard of anything quite like their narrative. It seems like a blast! I'd love to enjoy a beverage or three with any Commorragh residents if any of you are going!

Moving to Tournaments and Events. Gob.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2013, 21:29

What are the dates? Are they doing Warmahordes this year? How much is entry? Etc.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2013, 22:28

Labor day weekend. Yep. Not sure yet. The word NOVA in my post above is a link to their site, but it's also at www.novaopen.com

Registration opens on the 1st. In addition to entry fees, apparently, if you get in early enough and are interested, for $80 you can buy a VIP package that includes a free KR backpack or strappy carrying case plus a bunch of other stuff, and then you get free cases every subsequent year you go to NOVA (no additional fee for the additional years' cases).

I don't work for NOVA or anything, just thought I'd pass that info along. Mike, one of the organizers, dropped into another forum for a local club, and has been really cool and helpful. Which, of course, makes me even more excited to go, and more into helping to promote the event.

The following is a link he gave us to last year's packet for the narrative campaign. Apparently it's bigger and better this year. I'm way stoked.

http://www.novaopen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/NOVA-2012-Warhammer-40000-Final-Narrative-Packet-11.pdf
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2013, 22:38

Right after my birthday. Might make this a present to myself.

Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29 2013, 23:04

*February 1st is when reg opens, in case I wasn't clear enough. And that's awesome, Tordeck. Let me know. I'll buy you a birthday round.

Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 05:39

I'll likely attend with my game club. Not a big hurry to register, as far as I know.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 09:41

I would love to go to this but sadly I live on the other side of a big pond. Sad

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 16:44

I normally go, sadly last year I had to cancel due to other issues. This year though it seems I might be going, but just as a spectator for a friend who wants to participate, or as a judge (I know mike from other conventions) If I do head down though, Ill buy any TDC members a round or two Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2013, 21:57

Well, lets buy each other a round then, SR! I've been wanting to meet you and probe your strategic genius (which I've gleaned from your bouts with Mush) for a while now.

Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 04:38

I think I'm going to go this year. It's only about 3hrs from me.

I'm certainly going to enter the painting contest Smile

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 05:36

The Eye of Error wrote:

Glad I convinced ya. I plan to make it my birthday present to myself to finally make a NOVA and since its only a week after it you all can buy me an extra round lol.

Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 13:58

Baron Tordeck wrote:
The Eye of Error wrote:

Glad I convinced ya. I plan to make it my birthday present to myself to finally make a NOVA and since its only a week after it you all can buy me an extra round lol.

Hah, awesome. I buy you a round Smile

...but it might be poisoned in an attempt to usurp power...

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 22:17

Some friends and I have been talking about saving up and hitting NOVA one year, might see you all in 2015 Wink

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 16:19

The Eye of Error wrote:

...but it might be poisoned in an attempt to usurp power...
I would expect no less and think less of you if the attempt was not made lol.

Back to top Go down
ILoveGunboats
Slave

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 04:29

A triple dark eldar team from The dark city forum for the triplet tourney they have, would be cool?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 05:58

Me and a few guys have been talking about going over, but not set in stone yet. (its a few hours to get there for me Razz)

Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 12:36

Or two DE plus one CWE would be pretty awesome. I would love to join that team, but it conflicts with the narrative. Boo.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 14:27

Oh I didn't check the schedule, I've been tempted to do the narrative because I've heard so many good things about it, when I went to Nova 2 years ago I did just the GT with 7 of my buds! I have never played a 3 on 3 and from what I've heard there are a lot of participants for that too, so if anyone would like to join a 3 man team let me know I would be totally interested, and a craft world and dark eldar mix would definitely be cool!
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 16:41

I will certainly be there but I don't game in tourneys. I'll be there for the painting competition and take a few classes. Of course I'd be down to watch some awesome DE action on the table.

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 16:07

NOVA is having 3 raffles for charities. $10 gets you 10 chances to win. Go check them out and help support the charity or your choice. Need not be present to win

1000 point fully painted Necron army for The Fisher House Foundation
http://novaopenfoundation.org/?tcp_product=house-of-the-silent-king-army-raffle-ticket

1850 point fully painted Dark Angels army for Doctors without Borders
http://novaopenfoundation.org/?tcp_product=redemption-of-the-fallen-army-raffle-ticket

35 point Khador army (Warmachine/Hordes) for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
http://novaopenfoundation.org/?tcp_product=the-lightish-red-army-aka-pink-raffle-ticket

Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17 2013, 03:56

So, I ended up taking top honors in the narrative for infamy, and have been justly immortalized!

http://www.novaopen.com/wp-content/uploads/Final-Narrative-Post-9-15-13.pdf

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 08:46

Awesome, well done. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOVA (labor day weekend)   NOVA (labor day weekend) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOVA (labor day weekend)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Tournaments, Events & Games
-
Jump to: