THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles. Empty
PostSubject: agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.   agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30 2013, 19:11

Can I focus fire our flyer missles at a unit behind the aegis line if some of the models in the enemy unit are not withing the aegis lines range. Like a large 50 man guard blob squad has models directly behind the line giving them and all the models within 2" the cover save as well. for example. Say 20 models are directly behind the aegis line and 20 are within 2" of models that are in base contact of the aegis. This leaves 10 models not benefiting from the aegis. Can I focus fire with the missiles to be able to kill only the models that are not benefiting from the aegis line?
I am saying this because our flyers can usually see over the line.
I want to do this to those jerk blob squads that hide there commissars at the back.
any ideas guys?

Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.   agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 05:54

I believe you can! I am not really clear on why "20 are within 2 of models in base contact with Aegis" is relevant: if a model isn't obscured by the Aegis Line, it isn't benefiting from its cover save. In any case, the fact that Large Blasts do not roll To Hit does not affect how they allocate wounds "as for a normal shooting attack". So, you declare Focus Fire before rolling To Hit, roll your Disintegrators, shoot your missiles, count up your wounds, then your opponent starts allocating to the closest models without cover saves.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.   agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 15:31

Apparently models within 2" of a model touching the aegis like gain the benefit as well

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.   agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 15:36

I'm not sure where this 2" thing comes from. You don't have to be in base contact with the ADL to get the benefits, nor do you need to be within 2" of a model in base contact. You simply use the TLOS rules and then consult the cover saves section, which says:

Quote :
Determining Cover Saves
If, when you come to allocate a Wound, the target model's body (as defined on page Cool is at least 25% obscured from the point of view of at least one firer, Wounds allocated to that model recelve a cover save.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.   agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

agis line, focus fire and our flyer missles.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: