THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese

Go down 
+2
average joe
Gobsmakked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese Empty
PostSubject: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 03:36

This popped up today from Beasts of War regarding the use of allies in 6th, it's pretty funny.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/cheese-hunters-allies-convenience-super-cheese/

Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 04:26

I can't quite grasp how getting an allied/enemy unit a kilt will affect the outcome of an average game of 40k. Which codex has kilts as wargear? And exactly how would you model the wee little tartan onto your models?...

Got to love the Scottish brogue.

In regards to their comments: Well most if not all of my games have needed some kind of RAI accommodation.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 05:59

Delicious...
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 10:09

That's pretty hilarious. Got to love the northern irish accent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 12:03

Mushkilla wrote:
That's pretty hilarious. Got to love the northern irish accent. Very Happy

They are Irish? Good Lord... Well I did have a lot of background noise happening when I viewed the clip. Had to put my ear down by the speakers on my laptop. The angle of my head may have caused some kind of dialectic confusion. I must keep my shame hidden from my Irish friends. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 12:12

average joe wrote:
They are Irish? Good Lord... Well I did have a lot of background noise happening when I viewed the clip. Had to put my ear down by the speakers on my laptop. The angle of my head may have caused some kind of dialectic confusion. I must keep my shame hidden from my Irish friends. Very Happy

To be fair the Northern Irish (in this case sounds like Bellfast) accent is very different than the southern accent. The northern Irish accent is also almost identical to some of the regional accents on the west coast of Scotland. So I wouldn't blame you for mixing them up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Super Dave
Hellion
Super Dave

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01 2013, 19:22

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that after viewing the video and seeing the situation that they got themselves into, I see that with the RAW... they are right.

Sad, and definitely just an oversight.... but still funny as heck. And right, IMHO
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 08:12

The fact that allies of convinience deny objectives from your guys was pretty well known already (they're treated as enemy uits you can't attack, and enemy units within 3'' of an objective deny them from you), but I didn't realise before that, yes, the BRB states thta allies cannot be shot at, targetted with psychic powers or charged. Note: charged, not attacked in melee. So if you do get into a melee that involves an enemy unit and non-battlebroter allies, you can (and in some cases even must) hit them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese   Cheese Hunters: Allies of Convenience Super Cheese I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1