THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pain tokens

Go down 
+12
Cavash
Creeping Darkness
ThePhish
1++
Nappen
Nomic
Crazy_Ivan
Tony Spectacular
Balisong
Archon Farath Mure
Count Adhemar
Mngwa
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 12:07

I have been crafting these things from spare spike-accessories and knives of my kabalites. I painted them completely red Twisted Evil

Was just wondering what others use as them?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 14:33

I ordered some purple D3 dice and use those.

Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 16:33

I put some brass rod in a few bases and drilled holes in some spare heads.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 16:54

Some pre-made Pain tokens I bought off of ebay.
Back to top Go down
Tony Spectacular
Kabalite Warrior
Tony Spectacular

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 17:31

I have made a few different designs. Some are spears (1, then 2, then one with 3 skulls...all from Raider kits) and some are chain/hooks from other vehicle kits.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 17:38

I have some nid heads on spikes when I'm playing my nids friend. I have just got the bits to make some tau ones and some necron ones. Intend to have a set for race I come up against.

I like the D3 idea Smile
Back to top Go down

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 18:08

I use the grisly trophy-ish spears from the raiderkit. I've put the sculls in chains on the empty spears. I think it works great.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 18:18

Dice's would be good to use, too... would need just one to tell how many. But I like all other ideas here too. Now I only wish I had some necron heads to paint red...

Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 19:14

I use little purple plastic gems I got a whole box for a few euros.

Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 19:28

Balisong wrote:
Some pre-made Pain tokens I bought off of ebay.

This Very Happy

But I like the different race heads on a pike Idea.

How many tokens to each of you use. I have 9 and routinely run out. Also, the D3 is probably the easiest...off to the dice store Smile
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 19:34

I always run out, especially if you get a six on the combat drugs or run wracks and grots, thinki'm going to go down the dice route to. Nice set of heads from each race to nestle tthe D3 in Smile.
Back to top Go down
Nappen
Kabalite Warrior
Nappen

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 19:59

That is not a bad idea. Hollow a place in a skull pile to lay them in.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03 2013, 20:47

Spears from the Raider kit. Number of Spears on each base indicate how many pain tokens the squad has

Hellion

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 23:02

I just used some spair poker chips, painted them up and added some of the water slide decals from box sets to them.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 01:06

I made little paper tokens, around the size of a base. Printed 50-odd on cardstock, so I never need to worry about inflicting too much pain Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 13:36

Probably going to go with some red dices or something, would probably be more effective than my little knives and splinter pistols. I have some 4D dices, probably good for it, and you need just one for one unit Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 14:12

I have a dead Trminator helm with a spear to represent one, but that was all that I ever got around to making. I usually just write them down.

Pain tokens YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 14:24

Might I point you all to The Aphotic Gallery? There are some really incredible and inspiring entries in there, Garfy's being my favourite.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t270-pain-tokens-objective-markers-turn-counters

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
RazorBryce
Slave
RazorBryce

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 00:39

My brother plays Necrons so i have made tokens out of various bits that he didn't need, such as:
- a torso with half an arm
- a Necron spine with a DE spare arm stuck to it (as though it was ripped out or picked up off the battlefield)
- A power cable from a gun also with a DE arm holding it. (Same as above or maybe a reaver or someone on a transport ripped it from a troupe as they flew past, and it took their arm off as well!)
- A Necron skull on a dagger
- An Ork head
- Grey Night head

Just basically any bitz i could get hold of from other armies and gruesomed them up a bit with lots of blood, i have just started playing imperial as a second army so loads more pain token possibilities.

Only problem is they can get lost and forgotten because they are so small, considered putting them on bases but think it would look stupid with one tiny thing on it.

Hellion

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 04:28

currently I am using the skull wound markers from the old token set that GW produced, but after seeing the ones on here I think I will do up some custom tokens for my force.

Red
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18 2013, 13:38

i iuse the old slave girl models as tokens, got a dozen of them cheap and they were just sitting around
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pain tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain tokens   Pain tokens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain tokens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-