THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway portal army list and tactics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
el_horror
Slave

Webway portal army list and tactics Empty
PostSubject: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 21:04

In a couple of months I will go to Barcelona for a big national tournament and I will play my DE in it.

As I am not the kind of player who wants to wins at all cost, and thinking that there will be very good players, with very hard lists (Tzeentch demons, necrons, flyers everywhere, ...) I've decided to play a funny and beautiful list more than a very competent one.

I want to play Malys and some witches in raiders. But also I thought that maybe a wwp could be a very funny thing.

My problem, never played portals before. Even in 5th. So don't know how to prepare the list and in which things focus.

My first though was: play three or four small units in venoms, the witches and keep a Talos, Hellions and Reavers to come out of the portal. But, not sure at all.

So, I would be grateful if you give me some advice or examples to play with portals and not be very bad with it XD

Thanks.

PD: the tournament probably will be 1850 points and no allies.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 22:23

Moving this Tactics, please think about what section you should be starting a thread in. Wink

Try searching through that forum for webway portal advice.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 23:01

Malys psychic protection is nice for grots which is also nice as a WWP delivery system. It's a lot of points in one unit but Malys + Haemy with WWP + 4 grots (liq and aberition w/ venom blade) in a raider. The psychic defense is nice for force weapons which is a problem for grots.

Thor's tactics section on his sig and planetstrike's guide both offer good advice on WWP useage

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 07:19

I thought was in the proper section, sorry .... Embarassed

I will check the forum then, if I have more questions ask here.
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 10:28

Seshiru wrote:
Malys psychic protection is nice for grots which is also nice as a WWP delivery system. It's a lot of points in one unit but Malys + Haemy with WWP + 4 grots (liq and aberition w/ venom blade) in a raider. The psychic defense is nice for force weapons which is a problem for grots.

That was true for 5th edition but it's not working anymore.
From the DE Official Update: Page 53 – Lady Malys, The Crystal Heart. Change the paragraph to “To represent the strange powers of the trans-dimensional being whose heart beats in her breast, Lady Malys and her unit cannot be targeted by psychic powers."

Force weapons have after activation the rule instant death. It's not a psychic power casted on Malys and her unit. Grots have massive problems with the GKs.
Back to top Go down
Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 14:06

Oh, surprised I missed that
Good catch

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 16:04

For a WWP delivery system how about some wracks and an haemoculy in a bastion? Walk out turn 1. It is about as far forward as you can come withouth using transports. And even then the transports would only allow you to pivot on the spot, move 6, disembark 6 and open the portal so you would only gain like 8" (Ok, that is one turn of movement for some.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webway portal army list and tactics   Webway portal army list and tactics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway portal army list and tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: