THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Tournament List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Firelidas
Slave

1500 Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 06:12

So I've got a 1500 tournament coming up in a few weeks, and this is the list I've been testing out recently, and its done fairly well so far. Its an all comers list with a mix of cc and shooting.

HQ:
Haemonculus with venom blade, liquifier, shattershard- 80
Haemonculus with scissorhand, liquifier, animus vitae- 80

Troops:
10 wyches in raider with Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix with Agoniser- 200
10 wyches in raider with Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix with Agoniser- 200
9 wracks in raider with liquifier- 160
9 wracks in raider with liquifier-160
5 warriors in venom with blaster- 125
5 warriors in venom with blaster-125

Elites:
3 Trueborn with 2 Splinter Canons-56

Heavy Support
Razorwing with Dark Lances, Monoscythe Missiles, Splinter Canon-155
Razorwing with Dark Lances, Monoscythe Missiles, Splinter Canon-155

Total: 1496

Basically, the idea of the list is that the venoms and the trueborn squad sit back for the first few turns and blast away with as many splinter shots as possible while the wrack and wych raiders start on the flanks. I generally want to let my opponent have the first turn, so I can deploy in counter to them and then get my shooting in range of their big units, with the priority being deathstar units, terminators, Ork Nobs, etc. Once one or more of the razorwings get in from reserve, and my opponent has moved up a bit, the raiders move up the flanks, troops pile out, and basically cut through everything in their way. I'll usually aim the missiles at big hordes (ork mobs, gaunts) and then finish them off with the wyches and wracks. In the case of armies that don't move up towards me, I stick to cover as much as possible and go for an assault in turn 2 or 3. The only problem is that in kill points missions I either table my opponent or lose horribly, but that tends to be a problem that just about any DE list with lots of transports has. It is also quite light on anti-veicle weapons, but I see very little mech in my area atm, so I think I shouldn't have a problem with that

Last edited by Firelidas on Sun Feb 10 2013, 06:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 06:21

You can only have 1 shattershard in the army. I'd say one with shard and blade, and 1 with liquifier and vblafe.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 06:22

True, didn't notcie that, thanks
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 07:28

I assume the Haemies join the wracks? Personally I would drop a wych from each unit to let them join these

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Firelidas
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 09:25

the FnP nerf made me prefer to have the haemies with the wracks- furious charge from the 2nd pain token gives them re-rolls to wound, which makes them absolute monsters in cc.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10 2013, 10:17

Hardly monsters... I would rather wyches live longer than mediocre assault units made slightly less mediocre

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2013, 23:52

Massaen wrote:
Hardly monsters... I would rather wyches live longer than mediocre assault units made slightly less mediocre

I strongly agree. I only ever run Wyches with a Haemon to FNP. You can also have him absorb overwatch fire for them by separating him from the unit (also allowing them to Fleet when charging) and charging the enemy on his own. It's incredibly effective and mitigates some of Wyches biggest weaknesses this edition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 06:46

About the 2nd Haemunculus - you can't give him liquifier, scissorhand and animus vitae. He can take only 2 shiny bits. And if you choose to take animus vitae it would be reasonable to put him in a squad of Wyches. This weapon will give you lots of pain tokens, but Homy already has one and the Wracks also have one token.
And make the 2nd squad of wracks consist of 10 to have the 2nd liquifier.

I would also change splinter cannons on Jetfighters for flickerfields. I doubt that you will have a possibility to fire with splinter cannons, because first of all you will launch rockets. It will be enough for 2 turns. Moreover 1 or 2 turns you won't be able to shoot at anyone, because the enemy army will be behind your fliers and you will need to maneuver. The cannon will be useful only when shooting at flying monsters, but I'd prefer to have 5+ invl. save.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Tournament List   1500 Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Tournament List
Page 1 of 1