THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Allegiances

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leinmann
Hellion
leinmann

Allegiances Empty
PostSubject: Allegiances   Allegiances I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2013, 01:25

As Commorragh - The Game starts to shape up one thing i was thinking about was factions in the dark city. obviously, there is kabalite, wych cults, coven, mandrake, hellion and so on, but i was thinking what about when the 'gang' is formed up? my line of thinking is this:
when you set up your gang, you nominate whether your warband is part of a larger body (ie established kabal, arenas for wyches, laboratories for covens etc) or if it is a standalone group that is carving its name in the world. if you choose to be part of a larger organisation, you could have access to better gear (armour, weapons) but the price of failure could be much much worse (the higher ups of your group won't be pleased sending your peeps off to get something and you come back empty handed). this could lead to leaders being more punished than standalone warbands. there would also be the fact you would have a tithe to pay to your superiors (for their protection over your group) so creds that you get would also have to go to them as well as feeding and maintaining your own fighters.
if you choose the standalone option, your options are more limited (as your name is as well known, or you could be an outcast from a larger organisation etc) and this would reflect in your initial setup (limiting certain weapon options, paying a slightly higher price for certain individuals at gang/warband setup). however, as the fighters progress they become more well known, trade alliances are established and so on. you also wouldn't have to answer to anyone higher up, so you could potentially get more creds as you would only have to pay maintenance for your gang.
in addition, these ideas would also be able to incorporate the secret mission cards as previously discussed, with certain drawbacks and bonuses for whichever you choose at gang setup.
these are only ideas that i have been mulling over. if you think they're pants then fair enough, but i think that it would encourage players to come up with fluffy gangs with some good characters (will you choose the rogue sybarite slashing his way through the underworld, or will you play the enigmatic dracon carving her bloody career to appease her superiors but secretly gathering resources for herself to oust those she percieves as weak rulers?).
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

Allegiances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allegiances   Allegiances I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2013, 05:24

I like the idea.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Allegiances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allegiances   Allegiances I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11 2013, 08:08

Sure, why not? Although, I doubt a little that the gang types that are somewhat less "established" (Mandrake clans, Hellion gangs, and the like) would have as big possibilities for gear as kabals would have, so theirs options would probably be a little different. Otherwise I like it.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

Allegiances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allegiances   Allegiances I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2017, 03:57

an idea: why not have the sisterhood of lithulu (Lameans) and the sslyth, our ghouls and medusa aswell? and don't forget all of the beasts.(could be upgrades to the beast master)

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

Allegiances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allegiances   Allegiances I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 16:35

Anything going on with this or has this kind of fizzled? Not meaning to necro anything if it has Razz

Allegiances Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allegiances   Allegiances I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allegiances
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

TEMPLE OF GAMES

:: Commorragh - The Game
-
Jump to: