THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

nightshields

Go down 
+2
Count Adhemar
baster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 11:50

i love night shields, their is no better feeling then your enemy being out or range. but they seem to be out of sink with the night fighting rules. so i thought wouldn't it be great if instead of reducing the weapons range by 6 inches, they increased the physical range by 6 inches.

example; marines with bolt guns are 22 inches away, with NS they have a range of 18 so are out of range, great. if we added 6 inches to the physical range, in this example making us 28 inches away, they would still be out of range, but would increase the use of night fighting against the pesky missile launchers and other special weapons which would currently see no real effect. at 31 inches (close enough for our weapons) during night fight we would not be target able without night vision (31+6=37)

hmmm i can see the pain now.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 12:32

How about making Night Shields so that the opposing army is forced to use the Night Fight rules whenever they target a vehicle equipped with them? Now that would make them truly excellent! A 2+ cover save whenever they move as long as they are >24" from the enemy!

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 13:44

Count Adhemar wrote:
How about making Night Shields so that the opposing army is forced to use the Night Fight rules whenever they target a vehicle equipped with them? Now that would make them truly excellent! A 2+ cover save whenever they move as long as they are >24" from the enemy!

This would be so awesome. And units would be able to counter it with search lights, could be quite balanced. Very Happy

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12 2013, 14:14

The more I think about it the more I like the idea. It has a lot of counters but it's still very potent in the right circumstances. I'd happily pay 15-20 points for that!

Painbiro
Kabalite Warrior

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 06:25

I think it's a little overpowered, night fighting's pretty amazing for us this edition. I'm pretty happy with the current rules to be honest.

Edit: Woo, 100 posts!

Dark Eldar? Grimdark? What a silly idea. The Adventures of I-XV7-DM
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3020p20-the-adventures-of-i-xv7-dm

Back after hiatus. For Commorragh!
Back to top Go down
baster
Kabalite Warrior
baster

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14 2013, 08:05

i like the idea count, truly would be awesome, and easily countered and so balanced, it would certainly make for some entertaining games.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 05:17

I agree with baster on this, the Idea is great
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitimeThu May 30 2013, 07:56

This topic hasn't been posted in for over a month. In the future, could you try and restrain from thread necromancy? Thank you.
/Your friendly mod SS

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nightshields Empty
PostSubject: Re: nightshields   nightshields I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nightshields
Page 1 of 1