THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500p vs IG

Go down 
+2
Bibitybopitybacon
zergavas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 00:18

Im facing off the imperial guard in a few days, they will most likley have a few Space marines lurking in there ranks aswell. I have made a list that im not all to happy about, the marines will fall but the guards are far worse.
list so far:
HQ:
Duke Sliscus The Serpent
Troops:
10 Kabalite Warriors w/Splinter cannon in/Raider w/FlickerField, NightShields,DC
10 Wynches w/hekatrix,PGL,venom blade in/Raider w/FlickerField, NightShields,DC
10 Wynches w/hekatrix,PGL,venom blade in/Raider w/FlickerField, NightShields,DC
Elites:
4 Truebourn w/2splintercannon, 2shardcarbine in/Venom w/2xsplintercannon, NightShields
fast:
6 bikes w/2blaster arena champ.
Heavy:
Razorwinged jetfighter w/Flickerfield,disintegrator,splintercannon,4xnecrotoxin.
Ravager w/ flickerfield, nightshields
Ravager w/ flickerfield, nightshields

1470p

Anyone have a better idea? mabey dropp a VR and get a wrack squad with liquifier in a raider?
knowledge is power... sharing is caring.

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!

Last edited by zergavas on Fri Feb 15 2013, 16:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 01:09

You have to have 10 warriors to get a splinter cannon. Combine the two reavers squads so that they will have a chance to pop what you shoot at and so they wont suffer critical existence failure when being sneezed at by anything with a bolter.
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 03:02

Dont know what i was thinking with that Splinter Cannon, i will go with the larger reaver group. Is there any more advices? mabey switch out a unit to something else? Or put Duke in a venom mabey to make the cannons more effective?

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 15:27

Ok, there are a ton of problems with this list. Let me go over them.

HQ: Duke is a weird HQ. He is far more expensive than even a fully kitted out Archon, and has way lower stats then him. (One less WS, Wound, Init) So the real reason you take him is for his special abilities. That would be the + to poison and the re-roll on the drug chart. So you have to make the most out of them. The best way in doing that is running 4 Trueborn w/ 2 Cannons, 2 carbines in a venom (or raider, your choice). If you choose a venom, duke's ability does not effect it (it isnt his unit), but you still get 12 shots at 36" range with 4+ poison, and 14~18 shots with 3+ venom.

Elites: I would only run one trueborn squad for duke, you really need another HS and more troops before you fill up any other slot.

Troops: Ok, bump up the warrior squad to 10 w/ cannon and/or blaster, or drop it down to 5 w/ blaster in venom. Those are the two optimal ways of running warriors (since duke has his own squad)

Wyches really need a hekatrix w/ PGL and some sort of weapon. Some people love the venom blade, I prefer an agoniser. Its all up to your personal preference though. Also drop the chain snares, they are useless

Also Nightshields either have to be taken on all your vehicles, or none at all. It basically turns some things into easier being hit, and that means they draw a huge amount of fire, instead of using the NS to their best ability to keep your things alive. Drop them and use the points elsewhere.

FA: Whats the purpose of the 7th reaver??? make them 6 man w/ 2 special weapons (hopefully an AT weapon) and a arena champ for the extra leadership if you have the points.

HS: Ok, First off whats the purpose of buying AI missiles on an AT plane. Your vehicle can only shoot at one thing, and your wasting either those missles or those void lances by not shooting at what they are intended to shoot. If you want missiles, get a razorwing, atleast then they are free.

Also your list lacks AT T1. This is where the Ravager comes in. Its far cheaper than any of our planes, and it gives you really good AT T1, which these planes that might not come in till later in the game do not give to you. I would run atleast two ravagers, and maybe 1 plane, if even that (if you dont take the plane, get a 3rd ravager... they are so good)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 15:54

Razorwings and venom wyches seem suited for guard bashing.

Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 16:20

DominicJ wrote:
Razorwings and venom wyches seem suited for guard bashing.

Razorwings, yes, but not the wyches.
If you run them in 10 man's and try to assault a guard blob, then overwatch will kill some of your much needed units, just take warriors in a raider with NS and make a gunboat run.
Or trow the points into some trueborn in a venom if you don't need the troop's...

Otherwise, take note of what Shadows Revenge, says, IG is an all out mech army, play to it Smile
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15 2013, 17:01

I have made some large changes to the army, but i do think so many DL will be exessive so the raiders have Disintegrator cannons now, for i fear i will be up against a lot of infantry. Thinking of dropping the wynches and adding more Gunboats as i feel i would throw them into death but with warriors i can hang back and gun them down.

Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 15:56

Turns out this dude used tanks... i lost my 6 bikes... thats it....

Back to top Go down
poidahoita
Slave

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 03:48

good guy imperial guard player,

doesn't have more than 1 leman russ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500p vs IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500p vs IG   1500p vs IG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500p vs IG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA