THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Missing part on the Reaver kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maelstrom48
Slave
maelstrom48

Missing part on the Reaver kit Empty
PostSubject: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 14:09

Weird fluke for me today: I was midway through assembling a Reaver kit and was having a lot of difficulty locating a certain part. One of the air intakes (part #28 to be exact) was nowhere to be found.

I thought I was being an idiot, so I opened up my second Reaver kit, and the same exact part was missing!

Weirdly, the part doesn't appear to have snapped off while the boxes were in transit. The connecting ends of the sprue actually look like they've been melted, almost like the part got soddered off. I also checked the boxes, my desk and floor just to be sure I hadn't just dropped the part.

Has anyone else run into an issue like this?

I already contacted the seller and I'm thinking of bringing this to GW's attention, but it's not a quality control issue if it only happens to one customer.
Back to top Go down
Real Rod Hull
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 14:12

It definitely is a quality control issue. If the sprue looks like it melted as opposed to being cut/torn/twisted then there is something wrong with either the amount of plastic that was pumped, or the mould it was cast in.

Contact them, they should be able to sort you out.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 14:48

dont you get a few different air intakes?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 15:15

DominicJ wrote:
dont you get a few different air intakes?
There is exactly one intake per bike. I would skip the vendor and call GW directly. There is a batch number on the box(it will say Batch# ********** Have that ready. You can say what you want about GW being idiots on the marketing end; their customer service is the best that I've ever had to deal with hands down.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16 2013, 15:22

Hmmm, maybe I missed some
Back to top Go down
maelstrom48
Slave
maelstrom48

PostSubject: Re: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 12:11

Thanks for the tips! I emailed GW about it. It's the weekend so no reply of course, but hopefully they get me my parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing part on the Reaver kit   Missing part on the Reaver kit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing part on the Reaver kit
Page 1 of 1