THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

An Inky Duke

Go down 
+2
Sky Serpent
DarkGregson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkGregson
Slave
DarkGregson

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 19:54

I've been playing around with the idea of deep-striking a large incubi unit and this list seams like a good place to start.

HQ:
Duke Sliscus The Serpent
Haemonculus w/ Liquifier, Venom Blade

Troops:
5 Wynches w/Haywire grenades, Hekatrix,Power weapon in/Venom w/2xsplintercannon
5 Wynches w/Haywire grenades, Hekatrix,Power weapon in/Venom w/2xsplintercannon

Elites:
9 Truebourn w/2splintercannon, 7shardcarbine in/Raider, Splinter racks, Night shields (Duke here)
9 Incubi in/Raider, Night shields (Haem here)

fast:
5 Scourges w/Solarite, Power weapon, Heat Lance, Blaster

Heavy:
Ravager w/ flickerfield, nightshields
Ravager w/ flickerfield, nightshields

The Haem is just there to hand out a free token then sit in the boat With the LG

Please help me in all aspects. I want to know what you like, what you'd change and how you would go about using this list.

Last edited by DarkGregson on Sun Feb 17 2013, 20:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 20:16

How many points is this list?

You've made the best choice by starting with Duke Wink and your Haemonculus build is good.

5 Wyches in a Venom are popular in 6th and not bad - I don't think you need the Hekatrix at all as at such a small squad size they won't achieve too much in combat.

The idea of deep striking a huge Incubi unit is interesting but I'm not sure about it. You can come down, boost 18 behind cover but need to make sure you're in range of something for the turn after. The other problem is they will go through pretty much anything without a 2+ save and then get shot to death.

Your Trueborn can't have Splinter Racks. It's a nice unit that will blow mostly anything off the board, again I find it overkill, needs to get up close and may end up getting blown away itself.

I've never used Scourges but not sure of this unit either as they need to get close to do anything but due to your other threats may end up surviving.

Ravagers are solid but do they need all the upgrades?

I think you have a strong core to your list but there's a lot I'd tweak, how about run two units of Incubi who come down together like a pincer? With the points you've saved I'd invest in more troops, more Wyches in Venoms.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
DarkGregson
Slave
DarkGregson

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17 2013, 20:30

Sky Serpent wrote:
You've made the best choice by starting with Duke Wink and your Haemonculus build is good..

Thank you Smile

Sky Serpent wrote:
The other problem is they will go through pretty much anything without a 2+ save and then get shot to death..

May i refer you too http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2225-understanding-incubi-misconceptions-and-results

Sky Serpent wrote:
Your Trueborn can't have Splinter Racks. It's a nice unit that will blow mostly anything off the board, again I find it overkill, needs to get up close and may end up getting blown away itself..

Why can't their raider have splinter racks? And deep-strike ensures a target within the 18''. Also against MEQ i don't think 5.666 kills is an overkill

Sky Serpent wrote:
how about run two units of Incubi who come down together like a pincer? .

I can't be sure thay would come down together.

Kabbala
Slave
Kabbala

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 02:59

DarkGregson wrote:
Why can't their raider have splinter racks?

Well, technically, your raider can have splinter racks. However, only splinter rifles/pistols benefit from them, splinter cannons and shard carbines do not.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 03:51

The Incubi will bounce off of a Terminator. Could your Incubi survive an entire round of shooting or your melee target moving out of your assault range?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
DarkGregson
Slave
DarkGregson

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 11:42

Sky Serpent wrote:
Could your Incubi survive an entire round of shooting or your melee target moving out of your assault range?

I have faith

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 13:54

That's what it's all about dude, so few people nowadays take something just because they want to use it and try it out.

Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 16:46

Somehow i feel that trueborn in a venom with 2 splinter cannons are almost just as good as the big one in a raider.

But again this list looks really cool :-)

Well, the only thing that i think screams at me is the amount of troops.
I would have at least 3 troop choices at 1500. That's just me though ;-)
Back to top Go down
pantofful
Hellion

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 18:54

yeah, if this is an objective game I would just knock out those tiny wych units, and then at best your trying for a tie (I assume DE lose first blood, but get linebreaker with this army)...

That trueborn unit is sweet, but I think you'd be better served making them regular warriors, and taking the extra points to turn that haemy into an archon with PGL to go with the incubi... you've spent a lot of points on a unit that you DON'T want to have to attack last because they are charging into cover.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 22:09

You can only snap fire after deep striking with dark eldar

Slave
DarkGregson

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 22:42

pantofful wrote:
yeah, if this is an objective game I would just knock out those tiny wych units, and then at best your trying for a tie (I assume DE lose first blood, but get linebreaker with this army)...

Its not a tie if you table you enemy!! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

An Inky Duke Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Inky Duke   An Inky Duke I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Inky Duke
Page 1 of 1