THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar    1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 05:20

So in July there is a big Tourny happining in Vancouver BC http://indygt.wcp-vancouver.com/
. The tournament is 2k. It is one force org and forge world is allowed.

I would love your guys C&C on this list.
The Dark City is really one of the only forums where I regularly see good advice so I trust you guys. Especially Shadows Revenge and Mushkilla.

So let me know what you think and ask a few questions. I'll answer as best I can. I have written a blurb about some of the units and there function in the army. The meta around here is that most people usually have 2-5 vehicles, and often between 2-4 flyers, and of course more infantry then in 5th ed.
Thanks in advance.

DARK ELDAR
Baron (105) (Baron usually runs with the beasts, but will sometimes jump back to the warriors if it would suit them better)

3 Trueborn w/ 2 Dark lances
Venom w/ Duel cannons, Grisley trophies. 156pts
(I've found that I prefer the range of the lances over the blasters in this army as I don't initially have many at the begining of the game. This unit stays alive longer for me as well. Grisley trophies help with LD tests for the beasts and the blob. This 5point upgrade has saved my ass more times then I care to say)

5 Kabalite Warriors w/ nakedness
Venom w/ Duel cannons. 110 pts
(Naked warriors usually reserve so that they are better for scoring and can provide a little support where needed when they walk on, but I deploy there venoms)

5 Kabalite Warriors w/ nakedness
Venom w/ Duel cannons. 110 pts

20 Kabalite Warriors w/ 2 Splinter cannons. 200pts (Seer bunker. I wouldn't usually take a large blob, but I have found that with the seer they have been amazing for me so far due to Prescience. This unit guards my back field very nicely, and doesn't actually get shot to bits as ppl tend to concentrate more on the Beast pack. Still I could possibly change this into two 10 man squads or do something differend all together?)

Beast Pack. 5 Beastmaster, 8 Hounds, 6 flocks. 246pts (The beasts help control the mid field, and it takes most of the enemy fire power away from the rest of my army. This unit does not die easy. I have had nothing but success with them so far. If I didn't have this beast pack then I would not have the warrior blob as the beasts attrack most of the attention. Without the beast pack the blob would prob get nuked. they also rip crap up and are capable of killing tankes quite nicely)

Ravanger w/ 3 dark lances. 105pts

Void Bomber w/ 2 shatterfield missles and flickerfield 175pts (The bomber have been my pride and joy along with my beast pack. There are a lot of flyers in the meta around here so these two bomber have helped me a lot with AA, AT and AI. the S7 missles have even been used to kill light AT) I had origionally considered just taking 1, but with the amount of flyers around here 2 have served me much much better.

Void Bomber w/ 2 shatterfield missles and flickerfield 175pts

ELDAR ALLIES

Farseer w/ Runes of warding, cheap power for divination. Eldar Jetbike 120pts.
(The Seer usually takes prescience. He has helped greatly with my armies shootings. He's great with the 20 warrios blob with prescience. rerolls shooting, overwatch then combat attacks has annoyed the hell out of people. using his power on the Warp hunter makes it very accurate, the wasp walkers hit much harder and the ravanger becomes better at AT. The seer usually powers the ravanger or warp hunter at the begining of the game to bust armour a little sooner. He is also great for late game contesting as he can fly 48' across the board if required)

3 Guardian jet bikes 66pts (reserve this unit and controll/contest. this unit has won me more games then I can count. easy to hide as well)

3 Guardian jet bikes 66pts

3 Wasp assault walkers w/ 2 scatter lasers each. 210pts (Fast attack war walkers that move like jet pack units. So I walk out from behind terrain or jump over it. shoot you, then thrust 2d6 back into cover. They can also deep strike which could be great for rear armour shots on tanks and flyers. 24 St6 shots. YES PLEASE!)

Warp Hunter. 125pts (5inch blast/barrage/D-weapon or 6inch torrent D-flamer. Sure thing! This gun will give me great AI against everything and is pretty good for armour busting if need be. With prescience from the seer this guy will be deadly accurate.

So this army is 1969 points. which mean that I have 31 points left.
What should I do with the points?
I was origionally thinking 1 blaster each on the 5man warrior squads, but they usually reserve so that might not be necessary. But still a little more AT never hurts.
But I would like to maybe add an extra power for the seer. With stones and a cheap power he will cost 40 points more. meaning I would drop 1 hound from the beast pack to get enough points for the extra power. is it woth 40 points for the extra power? with prescience I think it could be. prefect timing or forwarning work great with prescience. misfortune and foreboding could also be good on some occasions.

What do you guys think? changes? comments? questions?
I look forwards to hearing what you have to say

Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: 1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar    1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 14:54

I like the list, I'd prolly just suggest you add in the 2 blasters to the war squads so they can do somthing if the opportunity arises. I wouldnt drop any more hounds, i run my beaststar sitting at 9 hounds and am afraid it'd hurt more than help.

Though i am worried about your number of threats on the board turn 1.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar    1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 17:35

Yeah I know I lack initial mass tank killing. I have been debating still just using 1 flyer and taking an extra ravanger. Just can decide if that is worth it or not?... I would also have 70 more points to spend. 101 with the other 31 from before.

What do you think?

Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: 1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar    1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19 2013, 17:41

i think to answer that you'd have to play a few test games with the list, with both variations. if you have so many points to spare you could squeeze out 4 more points and add a 2nd true-sniper squad with venom.

PostSubject: Re: 1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar    1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 force org. 2k Dark Eldar/Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: