THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken

Go down 
+4
Azdrubael
Count Adhemar
Evil Space Elves
Ehawther
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ehawther
Hellion
Ehawther

New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken Empty
PostSubject: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 19:26

If you have any interest in the Horus Heresy or just want to look at a very impressive set of models check this out:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ABADDON_AND_LOKEN.html

Two awesome sculpts, a very interesting interview on the design process, and really just some impressive versions of key Warhammer 40,000 characters.

New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken Abaddon-lokanp3
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22 2013, 22:34

WOW Shocked I'd like to see other models to compare the height/size.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 09:42

Wonder how many chaos players will be willing to shell out £55 to replace the current craptastic Abaddon model?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23 2013, 09:54

Never imagined Garviel quite like this. Abaddon is a win though, sure many will replace current version.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 14:40

personally abby looks... like abby. Sure his other model is a bust, but this one doesnt make me go "ooo... I want"

Loken on the other hand. I love the pose, I love the cape... I actually love everything about the model. The only thing that brings me out of it, is the huge eye of horus on his shoulder pad... If only they had him without so much detail, he would make a great Raven Guard captain.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 14:42

I'm generally amazed that GW has not yet done resculpts of some of the special character models. Surely that's a cash cow waiting to be milked?
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 22:15

Count Adhemar wrote:
I'm generally amazed that GW has not yet done resculpts of some of the special character models. Surely that's a cash cow waiting to be milked?

It is but you don't want to do too much at one time - GW are great at creating a buzz around new models and the "gotta get me some of that" factor. By releasing at a controlled rate they can predict their income stream with greater accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25 2013, 22:19

As far as I am aware, they won't get permission to do so as the models probably make a lot of money as they are.

For example, Mephiston, an old model that has aged quite a lot and tends to stick out a lot. However in game he's rather good and thus people tend to buy him, most Blood Angel players, at £11 a pop. Let's say they put resources into a new Mephiston, that starts from concept art, more design work, start sculpting, finish sculpting, cast it up, packaging, la dee da. Is it all worth it?

Apparently GW's design studio wanted to make a new Rhino for ages but the sales were of course amazing, so they were denied. They only got around it as the Whirlwind and Razorback sales were bad, or so I'm led to believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Archon Darkanis
Hellion
Archon Darkanis

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09 2013, 22:20

To be honest this is the main reason I'm not collecting anymore CSM. The new models are cool and all but they weren't enuff. I was excited about the cultist untill I saw that after buying the Dark Vengence set I could only buy them is a box of 5 with 3 packing rifles and 2 cc weapons. That was a real let down for me. TBH DE are the only race that I think they have done an awesome job on the models with and that is why after much thought and discusion have converted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken   New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Forge World - Abbadon vs. Loken
Page 1 of 1