THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?

Go down 
+59
Farmer
Enfernux
Crisis_Vyper
Forruner_mercy
Eldur
Archeonlotet
Namica
Mathial
Gobsmakked
Todo13
Phototoxin
Aroshamash
thelordhellion
Mr Believer
Arrex
Painbiro
Evil Space Elves
Captain Mayhem
Aniasis
lululu_42
ainuin
Raucir Lustingclaw
Thor665
Painjunky
HarveyScourgeman
Ebonhart
Massaen
Red Right Hand
Anggul
tlronin
Xelkireth
SinisterPlank
wildboar
Archon Levitas
ThePhish
Arhra
cox61171
Tiri Rana
Darklight
Nomic
Mirtos
kenny3760
vharing
horrid
Rangrok1k
Archon Farath Mure
a1elbow
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
WeeDawgNYC
Sorrowshard
GrenAcid
theblackjackal
Grumpy Kwi
Local_Ork
Raneth
Hashmal
Fletch
Radium
Foo
63 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which is your favourite Dark Eldar Elite?
Incubi
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba1345%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba15
 45% [ 62 ]
Grotesques
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba137%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba15
 7% [ 9 ]
Wracks
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba135%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba15
 5% [ 7 ]
Mandrakes
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba135%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba15
 5% [ 7 ]
Harlequins
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba136%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba15
 6% [ 8 ]
Trueborn
Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba1327%Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Voteba15
 27% [ 37 ]
Bloodbrides
 5% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 138

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 20:14

What's your favourite elite choice and why?

Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 20:23

Incubi. Awesome models, awesome rules.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 20:51

Trueborn - Multi-dimensional unit, great basic stats, relative low cost, flexible unit size, awesome weapon & grenade options, cheap unit champion upgrade.......
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 21:00

Incubi, owing entirely to tradition. I love the guys and I always have.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 21:40

Seeing as they're the only Elites I intend on fielding anytime soon, I'm going to have to vote for Incubi as well.

- Grotesques lack PW attacks
- Trueborn and Bloodbrides are 'just' veteran Troops (eg don't bring anything REALLY unique to the army)
- Mandrakes require more finesse to succeed with
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 22:13

I vote Wracks, since they can be taken as most point efficient scoring. Love Grots (Space Goblins) for the same reason and ALWAYS include them.

But Incubi are indeed neat-o. My secondary choice Razz.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 22:38

Grotesques by far - I also had fun using them in the last version back when nobody knew what a Coven list was.

Reasons:

Flexible enough to handle both armor and infantry in cc
Has a decent shooting possibilities
Has a decent cc option for the aberration (love flesh gauntlets!)
Can construct a raider squad with wound allocating shenanigans
Decent enough stats in combination with the pain token
They also get a little better with each additional IC you add to them

They are just plain fun.
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 00:09

Coming from Imperial Guard, I've always had a soft spot for units that can be equipped to do pretty much whatever you want them to do, so I'm going to have to vote Trueborn, but Incubi are a close second. Those two and Bloodbrides (although I think "Succubi" is a better name, coming from the old school Dark Eldar terminology) make up my top three favorite Elites choices.

The problem I have with Incubi is that they're really too good at killing stuff, especially since I play against Tau more often than not, and being too good at killing things in close combat is a problem when your opponent's force is heavily stacked towards shooting your face off.

Succubi run into the same problem as Incubi do (too good at killing stuff), only they're not nearly as resilient to shooting, but better at not totally obliterating an enemy squad in a single round of close combat. They're also cheaper, which makes them more expendable than Incubi.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 00:18

theblackjackal wrote:

The problem I have with Incubi is that they're really too good at killing stuff, especially since I play against Tau more often than not, and being too good at killing things in close combat is a problem when your opponent's force is heavily stacked towards shooting your face off.

I view this more as a weakness of the game system than a weakness of the unit.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 00:41

Incubi.....why?

BLESSED BE THE MURDERER!!............thats why...
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 01:03

Easy choice, Truborn, points efficient utility unit , they can be equipped with shooting of all flavours to shore up weakness' in your list.

For pure cool factor its probably the Incubi, they loose out my vote because some moron mantioned tormentors every time that incubi are mentioned in the book then did not give them a mechanic.... *facepalm*

My favorite foot models in the range, gagging for a claivex model, I dont want to field one, he costs a bijillion points put I sooo want an Incubi++ in Finecash to paint.
Back to top Go down
WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 01:22

I like Grots for the same reasons Grumpy posted. But I use Master Heamonculus to bump them up to s7 on the charge. Then only Land Raiders are safe from their carnage. I really like there wound alocation trick as well. & t5 is great as well.
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 02:50

I like things that seem out of place, yet act comfortably in a place they don't seem to belong.

The Incubi are that for me. Lightly armored, lightning fast army with delicate weaponry, meet power armored beasts wielding broadswords that would make Cloud jealous. And yet somehow they fit perfectly. Now if only all of their models didn't have such a comically wide stance...
Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 02:57

I ignored Trueborn because obviously they are the best unit "on table" and I actually think they are pretty neat in fluff (if the Dracon had two wounds I think people might even try to make a combat squad out of them-maybe they would need some combat options for the squad too).

I went with Harlies. I think it was the most obvious, but most cool, tie in to make the DE something other than just freaks who want to torture you, and into an army. When those rumors came out, I think that was when people knew GW was actually trying to take the army seriously.
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 04:05

I just have to point this out: when rumors came out regarding clowns available in the army, we took it seriously.

clown
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 04:43

Incubi. Best unit we get to deal with termies close up (local meta has a large amount of marines players who don't run mech), and I run a combat archon.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 05:02

Trueborn

Pew pew!
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 09:22

I can't decide between the incubi and bloodbrides. Incubi models are striking but the blood brides are more dynamic (I really like the wych models). On the table the brides would be a much safer retinue for an archon while the incubi are mean enough by themselves. Either unit trumps the other options as they are both elegant monsters in combat and that is what a paragon of the dark eldar should be.
Back to top Go down
vharing
Hellion
vharing

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 09:49

I would have to say incubi. I loved them in 3rd Ed and love them still. I just wish I could get some of the new models.
Back to top Go down
http://bloodangelsdarkeldarandtyranidsohmy.blogspot.com/
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 13:04

Looks like Incubi are kicking butt here.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 13:28

Trueborn for me.
Flexible unit capable of being kitted out to deal with any threat.
Back to top Go down
Mirtos
Slave
Mirtos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 14:41

Incubi murderers first choise but although I voted them I will give some Dark love to the poor cold hearted Mandrakes just because I like them as models.......
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 16:58

Trueborn. Lots of blaster and a Venom with lots of splinter shots in a single unit. What's not to like? Incubi are good too but I really wish I didn't need an Archon to give them grenades. Wracks I like but would never take as elites. Not that I need to since, I usually have a Haemonculus somewhere in the list.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 17:21

Incubi are doing well but thats because the question isn't whats the "best" DE Elite its whats your "favorite" DE Elite.

Incubi models have definate cool factor that cannot be ignored but I would guess if GW would (and I don't think their is a need) put out a trueborn upgrade sprue or gave them their own kits and not just take warriors and call them trueborn their may be more love.

PS. As a best elite unit Incubi are far too one dimensional and prove to be too elite against opponents other than MEQ types to be best.....
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 19:06

Well, we can make a thread for "best", too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?   Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Elites: Your favourite?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next