THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! Empty
PostSubject: Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!   Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 02:44

Hi all! So I played my first tourney at the weekend. I've started writing a report to it which I'll post to this site but it's not finished yet. Will post tomorrow.

My second tournament ever will be in April and I still need to build up some more models and paint everything! So I want to decide what I'm running before I work on stuff I'm not going to use. I have an idea for a 1,000 point list but I'm not sure what to add to that. Here is the 1,000pt list I like the look of:

Haemonculus w/LFG - 60pts

4 Blaster Born in Venom w/2xSC, NS - 183pts

3 Wracks, Venom w/2xSC - 95pts

6 Reavers w/2xHL - 156pts

Ravager w/3xDL - 105pts
Ravager w/3xDL - 105pts
Ravager w/3xDissies - 105pts

Total = 999pts

My thoughts on this list:
- Should I keep the Dissie Ravager? It's great MEQ and am I covered with 12 other AT weapons?
- Should the Reavers have HL or Blasters? I figured as they're are only 2 guns, HLs will have a better chance of killing a vehicle in one volley.
- LFG on the Haemon, I generally hide him for most of the game so he doesn't concede SLWL so I could drop this and boost the Reavers to have blasters if it's recommended, with the other 5 points either something for the Haemon or Retrofirejets on the Dissie Ravager to give it the option of DS. Many games it has no MEQ targets in sight on turn 1, especially if I fail to pop a vehicle later on. It's handy to save it for later on in Big guns never tire and DSing a Dissie Ravager behind a unit of termies or marines is just fun. Smile

Now, how do I add 250pts? What do I need, well more troops for one. My thoughts from the tournament at the weekend were that I could really use some psychic denial, I hate Grey Knights psychic powers and other armies have them two. I think Eldar allies could be good.
Anti Flyer? I only encountered one opponent with a flyer in his list but other people had them. Is it worth getting a Void Raven instead of a dissie ravager to oppose flyers or can I just avoid them. I'm still worried about facing a Helldrake.

Idea 1:
Eldar Allies and Flyer Support (Everything covered?)
Spoiler:

Thoughts on idea 1:
- upgrade reavers to have blasters?
- lose a blaster born and put 2 SF missiles on the Raven?
- drop the flyer for a Ravager, drop a true born and get another 3 Wracks in Venom OR upgrade current wracks to be Warriors?

Idea 2:
Pure Dark Eldar
Spoiler:

Thoughts on idea 2:
- Have one Dissie Ravager? I have 18 lances after all.
- Drop LFG for NS on the Blasterborn.

So what do you all think of the two lists? I'd take more Venoms but I only own 5 so can't get any more before the tourney. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as always. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!   Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 06:25

Idea 2 seem better in my opinion. But do you need blasterborn when you have 3 Ravagers? I change it to normal warriors with blaster. Or wrck if you prefer it. And definietly blasters for reavers. That 18" range compared to 9" of HL is much better in avoiding retaliation.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!   Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 13:34

Vasara wrote:
Idea 2 seem better in my opinion. But do you need blasterborn when you have 3 Ravagers? I change it to normal warriors with blaster. Or wrck if you prefer it. And definietly blasters for reavers. That 18" range compared to 9" of HL is much better in avoiding retaliation.

Okay, so you don't think I should worry about psychic powers or flyers? Having the Blaster born gives me some more AT and the option to change a Ravager over to a Dissie Ravager whilst still having a heck of a lot of lances.

Okay...the blasters on the Reavers was in reference to the squad size only being 6 so they're less survivable to begin with. Squads of 9 I'd always keep as blasters in a shooty list like this.

Still curious about taking the singing spear in a blaster Reaver unit though. You sacrifice 6" to get close enough to use it.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!   Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 14:32

I personally like idea 1. Bringing a flyer when other people dont have one is a huge boon, and to top it off you get a fast objective scorer too, and can twin linked your ravagers w/ divination

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!   Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 18:12

Shadows Revenge wrote:
I personally like idea 1. Bringing a flyer when other people dont have one is a huge boon, and to top it off you get a fast objective scorer too, and can twin linked your ravagers w/ divination

Yea I've been thinking about the second list a bit as I quite like it. I've revised it slightly as shown below. At least I have a month to play test the list while I paint it. What are your thoughts on it now?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!   Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two lists: My new 1k list & a 1,250pt list for my second ever tourney. Competitive All-comers lists, need help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: