THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Return of Void Dragon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Return of Void Dragon? Empty
PostSubject: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 20:44

Is the Void Dragon available for Dark Eldar again?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/VOID-DRAGON-PHOENIX.html
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 21:22

The Void Dragon has been in the FW Dark Eldar section for the last couple of years with the same description. I'm not sure whether it is included ruleswise.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26 2013, 21:58

It was removed for a month or 2, when I started playing it was there then gone. Now its back

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
CaGeRit
Slave
CaGeRit

PostSubject: Re: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 00:56

The plane is called the "Phoenix", the "Void Dragon" bit is use to denote that A: It is used by the void dragon corsairs and B: As it is used by the void dragon corsairs it has a weapon loadout unique to the void dragon corsairs (star cannons instead of a pulse laser).
The void dragons are a group of eldar pirates which lend their support out to both craftworld and dark eldar raiding parties for spoils/eldar monies (does that exist?)/personal reasons/debts/ect. The Void Dragon Pheonix came out before there were ally rules and making it available to both eldar and dark eldar was forgeworld's way of having allies without having allies. Rather mercenaries, but ones who only work for the eldar.

Also not to be confused with The Void Dragon, aka the dragon of mars, a surviving sleeping/dormant C'tan.

And I totally didn't answer your question. As for its availability to the dark eldar I would say that since it's a forgeworld piece it is already limited to friendly games so why not? It doesn't look particularly like breaking piece or anything. (is it? I don't actualy know the rules...)

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 08:33

Was it really removed from the DE section in the store?
The last rules can be found in the IA Aeronautica. But the Void Dragon Phoenix is no unit by it self anymore. Instead you have just the Phoenix and upgrade his weapons the lances (old normal Phoenix) or twin-linked starcannons (the old Void Dragon Phoenix). Officially it is a HS entry for Codex: Eldar and Eldar Corsairs (IA 11 I think). If you follow the FW rules strictly we can't use it.
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27 2013, 13:04

I agree the "Void Dragon" Phoenix version has disappeared from the rules, so the only way to get the pheonix is to use eldar allies.

Gaming wise I think the Nightwnig is better for all but very large games (plus it doesn't use up a heavy support slot).

Rathstar

The following quote is from around 6th edition, how have things changed Smile

sweetbacon wrote:
You're spending 225 points on Wyches???

Wyches?!!

Why?  

Did someone threaten your family?  

Are you under duress right now?  

Blink if you are and I'll summon the authorities.
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of Void Dragon?   Return of Void Dragon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of Void Dragon?
Page 1 of 1