THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hornets for corsairs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Hornets for corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Hornets for corsairs   Hornets for corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 10:28

So, as the title suggests...I'm going to purchase some Hornets as part of my allied force

How should they be equipped....

Also...can you switch both shuriken cannons out..or can I only switch one out?
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Hornets for corsairs   Hornets for corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 12:10

Hornets for Codex: Eldar or Corsairs are really nice. You can switch both weapons. If you like warwalkers, you will love Hornets because the have the same role on the battlefield and the same firepower, but are extremely fast.
I would run them with two Scatter Lasers, eight shoots with S6 (or 24 shoots for one Squadron of three Hornets) are really nice.
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Hornets for corsairs   Hornets for corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 12:27

Either shuriken cannon can be exchanged.

Regarding weapons:
Scatter Laser: In my opinion overpriced upgrade for the cannons
EML: OK and cheap option
Starcannon: My favorite. Not too expensive and fill a gap in our codex. High Strength, Low AP and two shots
Bright Lance: No-brainer. Dark Lances are after all our main AT weapon
Pulse Laser: 5 pts for a second shot, but loosing lance. A bit situational and in my opinion too expansive, but if one meets armor values over 12 very seldom it might be a solid choice.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hornets for corsairs   Hornets for corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 14:02

Tiri Rana wrote:
Either shuriken cannon can be exchanged.

Regarding weapons:
Scatter Laser: In my opinion overpriced upgrade for the cannons
EML: OK and cheap option
Starcannon: My favorite. Not too expensive and fill a gap in our codex. High Strength, Low AP and two shots
Bright Lance: No-brainer. Dark Lances are after all our main AT weapon
Pulse Laser: 5 pts for a second shot, but loosing lance. A bit situational and in my opinion too expansive, but if one meets armor values over 12 very seldom it might be a solid choice.

I'm not as keen on Star Cannons, but could certainly see their value if you face a lot of Space Marines(and let's face it, who doesn't). I would disagree on the pulse lasers however. The ability to outflank(Scouts) allows you to set up side/rear armor shots where the loss of the lance rule matters less and the extra shot becomes more of a bonus. Combine this with the longer 48" range of the pulse laser and you take out the risk of coming in on the board edge that you don't want when you out flank. (12" move+48" range).

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hornets for corsairs   Hornets for corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hornets for corsairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs