THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

No Necron Abyss! Help :(

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

No Necron Abyss! Help :( Empty
PostSubject: No Necron Abyss! Help :(   No Necron Abyss! Help :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 19:38

Hi all! So I'm finally getting round to painting my army in the colour scheme I decided on about a year ago. This was before the new set of paints came out. The base for the army is Necron Abyss which I only have one pot of! I really need to get more as the GW new equivalent of it is nothing like it. I mean nothing! I'm mildly colour blind and can tell a striking difference. I've looked into Vallejo paint comparison charts and they seem to have no equivalent. Does anyone know how I can acquire this paint?

I even bought some from totalwargamer but they supplied the new equivalent (Kantor Blue) despite labelling it Necron Abyss on their site. I contacted them and they refunded me the money and let me keep the paint which is credit to them but it has made me dubious of buying from other sites.

Has anyone found a place that stocks the old paint for when they want to go on using a discontinued colour?

Any help would be great thanks! This is so frustrating!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: No Necron Abyss! Help :(   No Necron Abyss! Help :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 22:54

If you get desperate Humbrol give their equivalent as no.15 which appears to be gloss Midnight Blue. That's if you don't mind painting with enamels and I've no idea how good a match it is.

Good luck with your search.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: No Necron Abyss! Help :(   No Necron Abyss! Help :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 23:06

Skyboard surfer wrote:
If you get desperate Humbrol give their equivalent as no.15 which appears to be gloss Midnight Blue. That's if you don't mind painting with enamels and I've no idea how good a match it is.

Good luck with your search.

Oh cool! I've never painted with enamels. What is the difference?
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: No Necron Abyss! Help :(   No Necron Abyss! Help :( I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01 2013, 23:37

They take a lot longer to dry and you need white spirit (or similar) to clean your brushes. If you try it out I'd suggest testing on something less precious than your DE at first.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: No Necron Abyss! Help :(   No Necron Abyss! Help :( I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 13:42

Okay! Thanks for all your tips guys. I think I've found somewhere I can buy a pot or two of the stuff so I should be able to finish my army with the 3 pots I'll have. Crisis averted. Smile

I've started a thread about painting my army so if you can take a look at this and share your colour wisdom and knowledge that would be awesome.

Link to Necron Abyss DE army
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Necron Abyss! Help :(   No Necron Abyss! Help :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Necron Abyss! Help :(
Page 1 of 1