THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter Empty
PostSubject: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 04:22

Alright! I just ordered a Razorwing Jetfighter, it should be here within a week and I was wondering if there was any cool ways to get a purple that fades into black on it (purple in the front that slowly fades to become pitch black.

+ I was wondering how you get those nice smooth slice marks on the vehicle that games workshop uses.

Also i was thinking of putting my Kabals emblem (or whatever you want to call it, iconic symbol, picture, etc. I dont care) on it.

My kabals emblem is basically a purple flame (trust me it looks amazing, just cant upload it right now cause i had to restore my computer and it is only on my Finale Notepad document of the kabal now.

I plan to make the base have a ton of rocks and over growth on it.

Ok here are the steps i will take to paint it.

1.) Prime Black
2,)Add Purple Fade
3.) add metalic colors to engine and weapons
4.) Paint Pilot
5.) Do the base
6.) Drybrush it with Ironbreaker (for paint scratches because we arent fancy nancy space marines who get repainted every time a cat sneezes on us)
7.) Wash in Drakenhof Nightshade (including Base)

suggestions on inprovement?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 05:41

Lord_Alino wrote:
Alright! I just ordered a Razorwing Jetfighter, it should be here within a week and I was wondering if there was any cool ways to get a purple that fades into black on it (purple in the front that slowly fades to become pitch black.

+ I was wondering how you get those nice smooth slice marks on the vehicle that games workshop uses.

Using an airbrush would make the fade easy. As for the runes/slash marks, I can offer a technique that I showed on my project log. I show how I do it about half way down the page.
Link: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t1538p40-an-evil-project-log-lanceborn-completed-2-22-countdown-to-5000pt-apoc-game-feb-23rd
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 06:14

Those runes are quite nice, and yes it does help because I usually always mess up when i tested out my skill of doing runes (mostly because i had no idea what i was doing).

Also on the wings of the razorwing, do you have any idea on if your runic mark would be just as good at making purple flames along the wings that are just as sharp? and i suppose you dont mind if i use your technic on my models right?
(sorry for asking, its just that I don't like using stuff without the other person's permission)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 06:25

Should work fine for flames. And yes, totally use the technique if it works for you. I put it out there for people to use. I always get a kick out of people that post pics of things that they do and then get their panties in a wad when someone uses it Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 06:37

lolz, also, shouldve probably mentioned this but it just now occured to me that I don't know how to use an airbrush or how the propellent and the certain amount of water mixed in with paint works.Do you think you might be able to explain that because all the tutorials i find are just examples of what they do with their air brushes.

I'm going insane over the airbrushes that I might have lol! turn into a super saiyan and destroy earth O.O

Also if you guys like i can post pics of each step

EXAMPLE

Pic 1= put together
Pic 2= Primed
Pic 3= Fade Effect
Pic 4= Metallic Colours
Pic 5= Runes/marks and Fire
Pic 6= Finished Base
Pic 7= Drybrushed and Washed

(couple of pics for each "Pic", for example pic 7 might be 3-4 pics
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 02:34

Also, what kind of airbrush should i get that can do fade effects? A Citadel one? Army painter one? Or another. Preferably under 50$
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 02:58

You'll want a dual action airbrush. Not sure of any decent ones around $50. You can get a basic Testors Aztek for around $70 on Ebay though. It would handle that sort of thing easily.

Here's one on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Testors-A4702-AZTEK-SOLO-AIRBRUSH-SET-Paint-Models-/390547212308?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5aee6d8814
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 03:24

Ok, thanks. I will have to buy one.
Also, do you think using a tooth pick instead of a pen would work to draw out the shape of the fire? because i want to have the edge of the fire the same as everything else (which i can put paint on the tooth pick to do.)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 04:21

Can't say, I've always used the Micron pens. A .05mm works nicely, though a .005mm works well if your hands are a bit shaky.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 04:27

I have a full tutorial on airbrushing razor wings. The techniques can be adapted for any color scheme.

http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/2012/01/airbrushing-deux-razorwings-tutorial.html?m=0

I also use micron pens for my panel lines. They work the best.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 21:32

Ok, thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. Until i get the money for the airbrush i guess im stuck with a plain back surface. (i can still do everything, just won't post the finished finished model with the purple fade effect for a while)
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 23:33

With using a wet palette I am starting to get a good fade effect. Once I have it mastered I will make a tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 18:43

oh sweet thanks
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 20:15

Well, the razorwing I ordered was messed up and i had to send a pic to games workshop. There was a huge chunk of the model missing when i opened it. I have to wait till next week for the model. :/

But on the bright side i might be able to keep the messed up model and convert it into a void raven...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter   Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, help with Razorwing Jetfighter
Page 1 of 1