THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow - March

Go down 
+7
Cavash
Count Adhemar
The Eye of Error
Siticus the Ancient
Evil Space Elves
Chaeril
Gobsmakked
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow - March Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 09:48

It's March 3rd already, get a move on you gits! Last month should have brought you lots of inspiration from all the pretty pictures in the new Deff From Da Skies kompendee-um.

No new flyer for us? Well then, you have plenty of paint and time on your hands to get a ton of other stuff done, don't you! And you will need some nice, new DE gear to have a go at Phil Kelly's lovely new Daemons codex, "Segway of Khorne" and all.

So, sign yourselves up, make a vow about what you are going to build/paint/convert during the month of March, and then show us your progress with a picture (we really operate on the honour system, but pics are such great motivators).

Denizens and their vows for the month of March (completed in purple):

Chaeril - paint 9 Warriors and 6 Empire artillery crewmen.

Evil Space Elves - paint 1 Stonehorn , 2 Lead Belchers and either 2 Mournfang Cavalry or an Ironblaster.

Siticus the Ancient - 6 Daughters of Khaine for the Blood of Eldanesh shrine (Howling Banshees counts-as Incubi).

Eye of Error - finish Asdrubael Vect's Dais of Destruction, and add a beastmaster unit and a custom DE flyer to my wyches in progress.

Gobsmakked - finish painting 45 Devilgants, and build and paint a Parasite of Mortrex.

Count Adhemar - finish a Razorwing and 6 Reavers. Possibly another 6 Reavers.

Cavash - finish a squad of 5 Incubi.

PartridgeKing - finish 1 Cronos and possibly a Talos.

Crazy_Irish - finish modeling a coven Tantalus and 10 bases for Wracks.

Ravengoescaw - customize two Ravagers.

Vasara - [continuing from last month] paint Baroness Sathonyx, 5 Wyches, 4 Lance Borns, 4 Beast Masters, 7 Khymerae, Comms relay, 5 Wyches, 4 Razorwing Flocks, 2 Razorwing jets, and a Quad gun.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:46; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 10:13

OK, I'll paint my DE infantry up to 50 percent. Right now I am up to 16 of 50. Meaning nine to go.

EDIT: ah, and 6 more Empire artillery crewmen (didn't realize it wasn't just DE)

Last edited by Chaeril on Sun Mar 03 2013, 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 15:43

Painting for last month's Apocalypse game really burned me out. Transporting and playing my army in a fast-paced(for a 5,000pt game) game took a toll on my models. Lots of repairs and re-gluing to be done. Paint-wise I'm taking a break from all things pointy-eared for March and getting my Ogre Kingdoms army retooled for playing in 8th edition WHFB. Apparently people aren't playing 2,000pt games anymore....need some more cheese!

For March I vow to paint:
-Stonehorn Twisted Evil
-2 Lead Belchers
-either 2 Mournfang Cavalry or an Ironblaster

I absolutely LOVE the Stonehorn model and will be spending most of today painting it!The Monthly Vow - March 2013-02-26_11-56-59_644
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03 2013, 18:05

Haven't done one of these in a long time. Well then, I vow to paint six Daughters of Khaine for the Blood of Eldanesh shrine (Howling Banshees counts-as Incubi).
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 02:22

Got a few hours in on the Stonehorn today. I absolutely LOVE painting huge models like this. It's so liberating to get to use a Tank Brush to paint something living Twisted Evil
The Monthly Vow - March 2013-03-03_18-14-37_511
The flat grey areas on the base are where there is going to be snow. Can't wait to finish the rigging, inside of the mouth, gems on the horns, and final highlight on the horns/claws tomorrow. The rider and saddle should be a snap after that. Easiest way to add 250pts to a WHFB army outside of a cheesy lord Razz

Also, picked up a box of Mournfang Cavalry today. Looks like I'll be painting those instead of a Ironblaster for now.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 04:24

This Month

I will finish Asdrubael Vect'sn Dais of Destruction
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t997p20-asdrubael-vect-high-lord-of-commorragh

I will add a beastmaster unit and a need custom DE flyer to my wyches in progress
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5721-wych-cult-of-red-death

And I have a few other goodies in the works...
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 10:44

I'm going to finish my Razorwing and do 6 Reavers. If I'm lucky I might do another 6 Reavers too but no guarantees on that!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 16:13

Seeing as my girlfriend is in france for the next few days I will actually achieve my vow this time. I vow to complete my squad of five incubi.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05 2013, 17:48

Incubi are done!

I only had minor work to do on them but I've finally finished something for the vow! I'll get pictures up later, though.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 10:03

I shall finish my Cronos & possibly add a few touches to my Talos.
There shall also be a definitive action plan for whether I shall have one or two Coven Raiders and how I'm going to make them. Further to that, plan the Trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 12:23

I'm really not good at it (the monthly vow), but it is a good spur.

So I will try to finish modeling my coven tantalus and 10 bases to go with my wracks.

I said it, now I must act on it :-)

Last edited by Crazy_Irish on Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09 2013, 17:21

(Edit: Could a mod with some knowledge of technology please help to get these pictures the right size please? Thank you.)
So, here are my Incubi:
Klaivex (Tarrar):

The Monthly Vow - March D0fbc31169d8a9c803d8dc62c931ac7f

Random Incubi:
The Monthly Vow - March F9ff5707f0c00678da38251035f85faf
The Monthly Vow - March 543d4bd50d67386816e21a5539935764

Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 19:09

Aha! Complete worryingly ahead of schedule!

The Monthly Vow - March P3110110
The Monthly Vow - March P3110111
The Monthly Vow - March P3110112

As for the definitive plans, only waiting on a few pieces to arrive, but it is to be one Coven Raider and one Coven Ravager... probably. Quiet you I've been moderately successful!
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 21:25

I know I am a little late. I will be customizing two ravagers. They are both bitz at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 00:55

Well one oart is finished, the Bases for the Wracks.

I know, not full of detail but i wanted to sometime build an army of parade board, that looks like a fairly intact city, that just gets raided. so it'll be an army on pa raid. XD

so only a few minor details on cobblestone.
The Monthly Vow - March Img_0210

sláinte
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14 2013, 06:20

Continue from my last months vow.

10 wych
6 trueborn
2 razorwing Jet
4 beastmasters
7 khymerae
4 Razorwing flocks
Quad gun (comms)

Making some progress
The Monthly Vow - March WP_20130310_001%255B1%255D

Still not finished:
5 wych
4 razorwing jet
1 big flyer base
quad gun
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15 2013, 15:35

Count Adhemar wrote:
I'm going to finish my Razorwing and do 6 Reavers. If I'm lucky I might do another 6 Reavers too but no guarantees on that!

Razorwing finished:

The Monthly Vow - March P1000507

The Monthly Vow - March P1000508

The Monthly Vow - March P1000509

Reavers are all built and primed (all 12). Just over 2 weeks to paint them up. May or may not finish all of them. Certainly hoping to get 6 done though.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20 2013, 05:34

Evil Space Elves wrote:

For March I vow to paint:
-Stonehorn Twisted Evil
-2 Lead Belchers
- 2 Mournfang Cavalry

The Stonehorn and Leadbelchers are done. (They look awesome Twisted Evil )Can't post any pics for them right now because of some crazy Google problem with loading pics from my Android phone to Picasa Mad I'm going to try to upload the pictures to my laptop from my phone, then upload the pics to Picasa from my laptop. Hope it works; if Google doesn't sort this out soon I will have to try out a different picture hosting service Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 21:27

Vow completed: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2132p60-the-wailing-doom-corsairs-log-last-update-march-28-daughters-of-khaine-completed

(Only now do I realized that I had originally written that I would paint 6 models - that was an error on my part, as one of them was already painted by a friend of mine, while there indeed were 6 models in the box, therefore I could only paint five of them! Whoops!)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29 2013, 15:09

Finished up the Mournfang Cavalry, just in time for vacation. I'm still having problems uploading pics to my Picasa account and I'm also being goaded by the wife to pack bags for our trip(leaving in a couple of hours for Florida Mad) I know, pic or it didn't happen Razz I'll get it sorted when I get back on the 7th.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 09:35

Just about polished off the first squad of Reavers in time!

The Monthly Vow - March P1000532

The Monthly Vow - March P1000533

The Monthly Vow - March P1000535

The Monthly Vow - March P1000537

The Monthly Vow - March P1000540

And another pic of the finished Razorwing

The Monthly Vow - March P1000542
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 01:11

Just got around to uploading the pic for the Stonehorn(still don't have one for the Mournfang Cavalry....I swear they're done!)

The Monthly Vow - March Stonehorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow - March   The Monthly Vow - March I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow - March
Page 1 of 1