THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire

Go down 
+4
Shadows Revenge
Mushkilla
Kinnay
Sky Serpent
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire Empty
PostSubject: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 00:57

I've been looking at lots of ideas to use from the Daemons codex for a daemon stand alone army and I really like the Masque. Then it struck me. Her stats and rules would be really befitting of a Solitaire and would add a lot to most armies.

It's finding a purpose for the daemons troops as allies that could be the problem.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:28

Great idea. Smile
Personally I always thought the Damonettes to be nice stand-ins for Mandrakes, as the stats seemed to work and their special rules could easily be explained by the Mandrakes manipulating their prey's shadow in order to inhibit its movement or ability to fight, etc.
Of course then it would be kind of strange to have the Solitaire leading a bunch of Mandrakes, but hey. Wink

Oh and I didn't read the new book yet. Did Daemonettes change a lot? If so, my suggestion might become moot.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 07:56

The mask would make a great solitaire! Really cool idea, always loved the solitaire. Your ingenuity knows no bounds o wise and venerable master (who has the best hair in the galaxy).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06 2013, 13:57

no kinnay, daemonettes didn't change much.

And you could always run daemonnettes as mimes (harlies in training)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
sgb69
Kabalite Warrior
sgb69

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 09:29

Finally a use for those Mandrake models?

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07 2013, 12:15

I really like this idea.. and running harliequin mimes in the form of daemonettes is gold!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08 2013, 17:46

Well, there is some fluff precedent for using daemons as-is for allies. Vect forbidding it doesn't keep some Archons from summoning them anyway (though, in the fluff, they usually end up screwing themselves over by doing so). Granted, it would be especially ballsy/foolhardy to deal with Slaaneshi daemons.

Perhaps certain daemons could be proxied as a 'Mandrake Shadow Brood/Horde' or something to that effect? I don't have the daemon codex, so I don't know how easy it would be to find an HQ to stand in for a Mandrake Master (or maybe a useful version of Decapitator). If daemons can still deepstrike, it might even be appropriate for them to be proxied by a particularly bloodthirsty horde of Mandrakes.

Another daemon proxy/counts as type would be an allied contingent of particularly volatile and experimental haemonculus creations (hence why they count as 'desparate allies').

Still another: A contingent of weird alien mercenaries from the webway or one of the subrealms therein.
Back to top Go down
inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07 2013, 08:08

I like Yriel as a solitaire - ignoring armour saves and wounding on a 2+ ring any bells? What a Face

PostSubject: Re: The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire   The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Masque of Slaanesh as a Solitaire
Page 1 of 1